Friday, April 29, 2016

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Pounding My Life Away Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

I am getting really excited about the E2TG 5 Year Anniversary Party!  I was looking at the line-up and thinking, man, I would go to this show even if I was not hosting it.  The link below will take you to the Facebook event.  Go ahead and make a commitment (or at least a 'Maybe') so that you can in the know about updates.  Although I have no specific reason to believe that we are going to reach capacity, if you are concerned, I recommend you arrive early and catch the RB Morris residency show immediately before out big to-do. Hell, I recommend the RB Morris show even if you are not concerned about a capacity crowd. But, I certainly hope you stick around.

MAY 18th at THE FIVE SPOT (East Nashville) - E2TG 5 Year Anniversary Extravaganza!!!!

Back to normal posting schedule for today... Featured Friday has arrived! (Most likely the final post of April!)

"Way Down Low" by Charlie Hager

We start off Featured Friday with another fine tune from Charlie Hager's excellent American Saga album.  This is the opening track from the album. Lyrical honesty and an genuine simplicity are the terms that immediately come to my mind. 

"My First Alchemy Shovel" by Smokey the Firebear

Mirror Waves is the latest release (March 2016) from Smokey the Firebear who is a seventeen year old from Connecticut.  A solidly gorgeous piece of music from an experimental artist who seems to be in a state of constant improvement. 

"Hours in a Day" by Darryl Purpose

I fell in love with Darryl Purpose's new album, Still the Birds, from my first listen.  He is a Colorado-based singer-songwriter with a really intriguing bio (read part of it on his Facebook page). The album is set to be released one week from today. Crystal clear music and rich vocal delivery.  More to come, I am sure.

"Fear" by Leapfrogtown

Another from Dreaming in Public.  I have an unabashed love of super catchy, British pop groups.  Leapfrogtown are one of the best I have heard in a long time.

"Evolution" by the British IBM

Here is another British group that I am super into right now. Their album is called Psychopaths Dream in Black and White.  A lot of dreaming going down in the UK I guess.

"Sixty-six Dollar Blues" by Aaron Lee Tasjan

Have I mentioned lately how much I love Aaron Lee Tasjan?  No, well...  We have another track from his breakthrough album, In the Blazes.  ALT is getting some well-deserved and well-earned attention of late.  If you are not hip to him yet, now would be again time to remedy that shit. 

"End of the World" by Jean Synodinos

We next have another track from the excellent, Love and Blood album by Austin-based singer-songwriter Jean Synodinos. Another recent album that has really caught my attention recently.

"Good Old Times" by Broyeur

Broyeur is has been producing and making music for himself for a number of years, but in 2015, he started to put it out into the world (the preceding is my interpretation of what I read about him - apologies if I misstated anything).  The music is self-described as House, Dance, Electronica, EDM etc.  To me this particular track adds in elements of jazz that work very well.  A great ending to my morning commute and to the week of music. 



VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment