Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Get Used to It Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

We have arrived at mid-week which means it is time for the next incarnation of the Crackerboots Residency at The 5 Spot. Last week was awesome - so come on out. This week's guests are Ben De La Cour and William Lee.

On Wednesday, all bets are off... Music City? Yes! Trending? Yes Throwback? Yes Featured? Yes None of the Above? Yes.  Wild Shuffle - now!


"I'll Take My Candy" by Randy Weeks

Randy Weeks is an Austin-based singer songwriter. The album is called Sugarfinger and it dates back to 2006. Hat tip to Mary Sack for getting this on my radar. 

"Belle of The Ball" by Tom Schreck

Tom Schreck is one of my favorite Nashville songwriters. I don't get to see/hear him play as often as I would like, so it is always a treat when (as I did Saturday) I do get to see/hear him. This is the first of two songs in the shuffle from Schreck's 2009 album Outsider which I got hold of Saturday. 

"Footprints" by Escondido

Escondido is a Nashville based outfit. This track comes from a Slossfest Sampler put out by Noisetrade.  It is the lead track from the band's album Walking With a Stranger which came out earlier this year. 

"The Innocent" by Drivin' N' Cryin'

I recently picked up the CD of Fly Me Courageous at Goodwill and promptly added it to my playlist. Just one of many great tracks from that album. It was the band's most commercially successful album. 

"Lottery Ticket" by Megan Palmer

Next up, a track from What She's Got to Give - the current release from Megan Palmer.  Palmer is such a good side player, that it is easy to forget what a great songwriter she is... don't forget. Get this album and be reminded.

"Country is Dead, Welcome the Disco" by Batkhi Dahn

Man, it seems like forever since we have had a Batkhi Dahn song in the shuffle. This Connecticut-based band is the brainchild of Hayden Nork of The Foresters. This one goes all the way back to 2015 and the now classic Plays 15 album.  I have an autographed copy of that album on CD. 

"Did You Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind" by  Richard Barone

As heard on Double Shot with Joe and Sue. This is a track from Richard Barone's new album Sorrows and Promises: Greenwich Villiage in the 1960s.  This is a cover of the John Sebastian penned song originally released in 1965 by The Lovin' Spoonful. This cover features Sebastian on autoharp and harmonica. 

"Attica" by Tom Schreck

This is the second track from Outsider in the shuffle. Schreck is a big Bob Dylan fan, and Saturday - in honor of Dylan winning the Nobel Prize, Schreck performed Dylan's "Blind Willie McTell".  Also, I just noticed that Rory Hoffman played on Outsider, and he will be playing with Crackerboots tonight at The 5 Spot. Just to bring this post full circle. 

"Don't Know What to Think" by Shadow 15

And, we close out this shuffle with 1980s Nashville punk band, Shadow 15 with a track from their compilation album Far Away which was released a few years ago. I was fortunate enough to get hold of this compilation after I posted a Shadow 15 song a little while back. Sometimes, I do love my "job".


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment