Thursday, May 11, 2017

Topical Thursday Morning Shuffle - Take Me to Los Angeles Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


My heart is overflowing....  Last night's Friends of Jon Latham show at The 5 Spot was better than I ever could have imagined.  Overall, we raised over $600 to help with Jon's expenses. The spirit was lively and joyful and filled with love - just like Jon.  The music was top-notch.  Thanks to Kristen Englenz, Nick Nace, Darrin Bradbury, Matt Benjamin, and Sean Quinn and the Tremblers. Thanks to everyone who came out.  I still would have preferred to have Jon up their playing, but this was the next best thing.

If you could not make it out or didn't have cash to donate, there is a GoFundMe account set up.  Give and share freely...

Next, I gear up for next week's show featuring David Olney (Band) + Sergio Webb (Band). I am super excited for this show.



Being about to be a part of something like last night is just another reason that I so grateful that I started doing E2TG six years ago. It is Thursday, and this month, I am using Thursdays to highlight some of the music I have featured or presented in some way over the last six years.  Some of these bands are no longer active, some I have lost touch with, but they are all a part of the E2TG Story. Enjoy....


"Mourning Train to Memphis" by Christopher Paul Stelling

Christopher Paul Stelling has experienced a great deal of success in recent years. The E2TG connection goes back about 4 or 5 years... He had been part of a loose collective of musicians that included E2TG Band of the Year (2013) The End Men, The Gypsy West, and The Disappointment (all featured bands/artists on E2TG). I believe it was Matthew from The End Men who fist turned me to on Stelling's music, and I have been a fan ever since. Chris from The Disappointment worked on the recording of one of Stelling's previous releases.  This track - which I have played on Double Shot is from his 2012 album Songs of Praise and Scorn. 

"Fingerprints" by Creep List

Creep List were a punk/metal band from Montgomery, Alabama.  The band tragically lost their singer/songwriter/bassist in 2015 just as they were on the verge of releasing their album Unrest in Peace. This is a track that often closed out the band's shows. I cannot remember how I got turned on to this band, but I am really glad it did.

"Woah-oh" by Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors

Francie Moon is a New Jersey artist. I came to her music (and so much more) thanks to Papa  Tunes.  I got her Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors in Nashville back in 2014 at Fond Object. 

"Falling (Theme from Twin Peaks)" by Verdigirls

Verdigirl used to the The Velveteens - and under that name, they were an E2TG Featured Band - back in the day. They are from New York, but if I remember correctly they have a Connecticut connection. Love this cover. 

"Broken Glass" by Beijing

Speaking of Connecticut... Beijing are a indie-rock band from New Haven. This is a track from their album Night which came out in 2013.

"Sea of Lights" by Boo Ray

Next up, Nashville singer/songwriter Boo Ray with the title track to his 2016 album. Love this one!

"Heroin Vietnam" by A Color Engine

Next up, a brief song from the album Voyage Underwater; 56 Knots. A Colored Engine were a duo that featured E2TG Favorite Don Ryan as well as Eric from another E2TG featured Artist Elephant Goes West. 

"Young Enough to Be My Son" by Eight O'Five Jive

We close things out with one of my favorite Nashville  bands and one of ny favorite tracks from their previous album, Too Many Men. 





No comments:

Post a Comment