Thursday, June 22, 2017

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Helps the Flowers Grow Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


ICYMI: E2TG premiered a brand new song from Flying Buffaloes earlier this morning.  You can check that out HERE.



Keep your ear to the ground for more premiere's as I begin to dig myself out from my backlog which developed during my Residency last month.

In other news, a release date has been set for Lifers - Jon Latham's follow up to Real Bad News. The album will drop on September 1 on Cafe Rooster Records. I plan to take the day off from work and listen to the album in the parking lot of a local Taco Bell.  You should make similar arrangements.

Speaking of Cafe Rooster Records, the line-up that graced us with their appearance in week 4 of the E2TG Residency will be down in Georgia on July 1 at Eddie Owen Presents in Duluth. If you are within driving range and able to make it there, it is highly recommended.

All week (and next), we have been playing songs which populate our "New Music" playlist.  These are primarily albums/songs that were submitted to E2TG for play plus some old friends and favorites that we added even if not specifically submitted.

Anyway, let's shuffle....


"Prologue" by Sean Quinn and the Tremblers

Appropriately enough, the shuffle begins with the "Prologue" to Never Meant to the Last by Nashville's own Sean Quinn and the Tremblers.  Sean Quinn will be heard on the forthcoming Lifers album by Jon Latham - mentioned above, and Jon Latham can be heard on Never Meant to Last.  

"Break My Heart Tonight" by Taylor Alexander

Next up, another local artist and long-time E2TG favorite - Taylor Alexander with a track from his 2016 EP Real Good at Saying Goodbye.  The video from Taylor's audition video for The Voice has been viewed over 2 million times. 

"Later Days" by Sean Quinn and the Tremblers

More Sean Quinn!  What a day!  So, back in the day, I watched the 1984 film Suburbia - directed by Penelope Spheeris and starring Flea (of Red Hot Chili Peppers) among others. One character's name in that film is Joe Schmo, and he uses the phrase "Later Days". Since my name is Joe, I took it upon myself to make "Later Days" a thing. I even included the phrase in my forthcoming novel, The Drift. To be honest, I didn't think my efforts had been all that successful, but when I saw this song included on Never Meant to Last, I felt justified. 

"Swamp Chicken" by The Suitcase Junket

Next up, we have another track from Pile Driver by this one man band from Massachusetts. 

"A Little Tear" by Dan Montgomery

Next up, we have the last track on GONE, the new album by Dan Montgomery.  I was fortunate enough  to catch his Nashville CD Release Show a couple of weeks ago.  He has a killer band backing him, and my good friends BARK and Julie Christensen were also on the bill.  I LOVE this song!

"Stranger" by Helen Culver

Moving on to some fresh indie pop from London from the release Tricks are for Kids. 

"The Morning Does Not Suit Your Eyes" by Jean Synodinos

Next up with a track from Love and Blood by Austin based singer-songwriter Jean Synodinos.  Synodinos is also a prolific visual artist.

"Heart Wide Open" by Jared Tyler

Next we have another track from Dirt on My Hands by Jared Tyler. I mentioned on a previous post that I had missed his recent appearance in Nashville, but I also realized that he performed a couple of weeks ago at Jammin' at Hippy Jacks along with another artist with a new album we are featuring - Mark Robinson. 

"The Vitruvian Condition" by AEVUM

And to close things out with something completely different... about this bit of symphonic metal from Torino, Italy.  The most recent album by AEVUM - who are known for their theatrical live shows - is called Dischronia.  What a joy it is to be able to listen to and share such a wonderful assortment of great music. 





No comments:

Post a Comment