Thursday, August 24, 2017

Topical Thursday Morning Shuffle - Nalgas Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Here goes... it's Thursday - this week has kind of flown by... I have quite a bit to say, but eh... I'll stick to music today....

It's Thursday, and I continue my exploration of my specially created E2TG playlist... artists/bands spanning the 6+ year history of my little spot on the web... enjoy!


"Build It Up" by The End Men

To the best of my recollection, this was the first song I heard  by The End Men (late 2011) - it fairly well blew me away, and I have been a fan ever since.  Matthew and Livia were my 2013 Band of the Year - the first not selected by popular vote (but picked by me).  I have been fortunate enough to see them live twice. Hope to again some time. 
"Dog On a Leash" by FADES

FADES is a London band that - this is from their self-titled EP that came out last year. Pretty cool sound. Very punchy and catchy. 

"Love Never Felt So Good" by Corey Ledet and His Zydeco Band

Standing on Faith came out earlier this year.  Ledet is a Grammy nominated artist from Louisiana. 

"Greener Grass" by Danny Trashville

I get music a bunch of different ways - CDs mailed from publicists or directly from artists, dropbox links from the same and others. A random CD at a music venue.... but only once (so far) have I been connected to an artists work through a website address written on a bar napkin.  Such is the case with Danny Trashville, and the album The Great Unknown is fantastic.  By the way, listen for this song on Double Shot this Saturday...

"Sidewalk" by Adeem the Artist

One of my favorites... saw Kyle Adem at a New Faces night at The Basement where some friends were playing.  Dug his songs. A couple of years later - rebranded with an album called Kyle Adem is Dead - I was introduced to Adeem the Artist, and I was blown away. I find so much to connect to in his songs and in his person. 

"This Ol' World" by Young America

Young America was a band that featured Taylor Alexander and Drew Kohl. I first heard of them - when Darrin Bradbury played some shows with Drew and Taylor in Virginia (maybe) back in 2014.  Sadly, I never saw the band play live but the first time I saw both Taylor and Drew (separately) was the same epic night that I met Jon Latham.  This is from a self-made EP called Pain, Rain, and the Mundane. 

"Dusty Wingtip Shoes" by D.C. Bloom

I an lucky to count a few publicists as friends. My friend Gina of Ginaraq PR, LLC is one. I first met her after writing about a band she represented, Makar. Since then, she has introduced me to a bunch of great music - a lot of it from Austin (or thereabouts). D.C. Bloom is a terrific songwriter. This is probably my favorite song - and I have played this on Double Shot. Oh and yesterday was Gina's birthday!

"Still Drunk, Still Crazy, Still Blue" by Sally Jaye

My biggest regret about Sally Jaye is that it took me so long to find out about how much of a bad ass she is. She is a founder of Cafe Rooster Records, a member of the awesome Ladies Gun Club, wife to Brian Wright, mother to two awesome. She can lure you in with her sweet songs and then hit you hard. 

"Polka De Nalgas" by The Imperial Rooster

And we close things out with a track from the album Cluckaphony by long time E2TG faves The Imperial Rooster. They have a new album - Volume 4, and they will be in my hometown over Labor Day weekend for the Muddy Roots Festival.  I'm not sure why I picked this song to represent the band... there was just something I liked about it. 






No comments:

Post a Comment