Friday, September 29, 2017

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Space Jam Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Well, we've reached the end of another week and another month of shuffles...

Temperatures have cooled off in Nashville - it actually is beginning to feel like Fall.

There is much to mourn, there is much in the world that needs to change- and which will only change if people of good conscience fight for that change.

There is also much good in the world, much beauty, and a great need to help share that good and beauty.


It's Friday, and on Friday E2TG plays songs from the "New Music" playlist which is currently just under 500 songs long - and includes songs received as recently as this week and songs added many months ago.  Perhaps I will move some of the older songs off the playlist... maybe.  Most of what I feature on E2TG will be new to someone who reads. 

I am feeling more comfortable being me and doing what I do. I still have a tendency to want to please everyone, but I have learned that when I try to do that I usually end of pleasing no one - least of all myself.

That last is true on so many levels about so many different parts of my life.

Let's just shuffle- 'cause that is one thing that I do...


"Lightning" by Amilia K. Spicer

We start things off with a track from Wow and Flutter by L.A. singer-songwriter Amilia K. Spicer.  This is our first official listen, and I am digging this.  Spicer describes her music as "red-dirt noir" which I kind of like. 

"Counter Intuitive - OP. 24 Part 2" by Corky Siegel's Chamber Blues

Next up, another track from Different Voices - this is unique blending of blues and classical music. Siegel is a long-time Chicago blues artist.

"King of the Mountain" by Eli Cook

Next up, a very different style of blues from the album High-Dollar Gospel, I met Cook during Americana Fest, and I knew he filmed a music video while he was in town. Look for that soon.  

"Pause" by Luella

Next up, one of Nashville's most unique and talented artists. Luella (formerly of Luella and the Sun and currently of Crackerboots) has a distinctive voice and whether singing original songs or covers, she makes the song her own. 

"Take the Booze Out of the Equation" by Tom House

Next up, another of Nashville most unique and talented artists.  This a track from Strange, I Reckon which is the brand new album from this long-time Nashville songwriter. Some excellent words of wisdom here. 

"SLAM" by Discount Ravioli

Only one Discount Ravioli track in today's shuffle and it is only 4 seconds long, but you take what you can get. This was the source of today's sub-title "Space Jam". 

"Hooked" by Hello Planet

Next up, we have a track from Houston Texas pop/rock band Hello Planet. Their You Tube channel has several covers of current pop songs. 

"Why" by Paul Zografi

Next up, we have our last track to feature from Rack - which is the latest album (I'm pretty sure) by this Nashville singer-songwriter who has become a E2TG favorite. I met him through Tim Carroll whose Rock and Roll Happy Hour continues tonight at The 5 Spot.  

"Clarity" by Carol and Dale

And we close things out for the day, the week, and the month with a gorgeous song from Be Here Now by this duo from nearby Franklin Tennessee.  We are just about through featuring all of the songs on this album. I'm a big fan of what they are doing. And, clarity is something I can always use more of... 


No comments:

Post a Comment