Monday, September 11, 2017

Music City Monday Morning Shuffle - Bend with the Breeze Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well, it is officially Americana Fest week in Nashville. Looking forward to seeing some out of town friends this week, and of course, seeing and hearing some amazing music. I'm going to try to avoid stressing out too much over all the great shows I will miss because it is logistically impossible to make them all.

I am excited to announce my first ever guest writer.  Look for some AMA reviews and commentary from Collins de la Cour.  I'm really excited to take this next step with E2TG.

Tonight, I have some pre/non-AMA shows.  Meanwhile, we are expecting a couple of days of wind and rain from Irma. So far I have gotten good reports from friends and family in Florida.


Meanwhile, it is Monday. On Monday we focus in on Nashville, the Music City... new stuff, old stuff - it's just all more or less connected to Nashville.  Let's Shuffle!


"Same Ole Shit" by Danny Trashville

I want to say it was during AMA week last year that I met Danny Trashville on the porch at The Basement East. I want to say that, but I have no idea if that is true. It was on the porch at The Basement East. I do know that.  Anyway, this is a track from his most recent album The Great Unknown.  "It's the same ole shit, different day" - hey Sue, that's an idiom isn't it?

"Fly" by Pinmonkey

Next up, we have Nashville based, Pinmonkey from their 2002 self-titled album. The song is a cover of the 1997 song by Sugar Ray. 

"Promise to Keep" by Blackfoot Gypsies

Blackfoot Gypsies are on my itinerary this week.  I think they play around midnight on Thursday at The Beast.  Hearing this song from their latest, To the Top, got me thinking about crashing the stage and going crazy which I am want to do whenever I see Blackfoot Gypsies.  

"Gypsy Lullaby" by The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies

Before, The Blackfoot Gypsies, Nashville had The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies singing about Gypsies. The Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies were lead by the talented Mike Farris who has gone on to a solo career. The band had songs in movies and television and developed a large following in the 1990s.

"Wreck My Motorcycle" by The Buddies

Next up, we have The Buddies with the last track we have to feature from their Country Record. I always love hearing The Buddies. 

"Nashville Thing" by Rayvon Pettis

Next up, Rayvon Pettis getting all meta with "Nashville Thing" in my Music City Monday shuffle. This is a track from his Insureda album.  I'm really excited about the video I found of Pettis singing this song at WRVU (the predecessor station to WXNA). Two of my favorite things together - Rayvon Pettis and WRVU (which played a huge role in the development of my musical tastes).

"Smile Smile Smile" by Renfree Isaacs

A good reminder from Renfree Isaacs from their recent self-titled album. 

"Bend With the Breeze" by Joey Kneiser and Kelly Smith

And we close things out some timely advice from Joey and Kelly off of Live From Standard Deluxe - doing a song by their band Glossary.  Glossary will be playing their first show in many years next month here in Nashville.  Oh and congrats to Kelly who recently tied the knot!



No comments:

Post a Comment