Monday, October 2, 2017

Mondo Monday Music Shuffle - Werewolf with No Hair Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook


Today, I have a very heavy heart about the mass shooting in Las Vegas.  That it occurred at a music concert makes it doubly difficult. At this point, I do not know all of the facts about this shooting - and even if I did, I do not claim to have all of the answers about these recurring tragedies. I have beliefs and I know others have different beliefs when it comes to the various issues that surround situations like this. My wish is that we could, as a nation, step up and say, this is a horrible thing and we must commit to do whatever we can to prevent or at least minimize the chance of this happening again. And from there, we should all have an open mind and respectfully discuss the various issues and ideas and find where we can reach common ground.  Too often, we begin with division and polarization and things go downhill from there. 

Our leaders, who we elect to serve us, must be help accountable... they are the ones that must make the hard choices.  They need to be making the best choices for the nation as a whole -  not the best choices for the billion dollar industries and individuals who funnel money their way. (side note: Citizen United - Orwellian Doublespeak, if I've ever heard it, must be overturned)

Is it too soon after the tragedy to have these conversations? Maybe. But these events seem to happening so often lately that it is always too soon. 

Right now, I will leave it at this:  as in most issues, there are more sides than A or B - there are more than two possible solutions to consider.  It is not us vs. them - it is us vs. us, and it should be us with us. 

Sending love to Las Vegas and all who are hurting or angry or scared or confused. We, as a nation, can do better and we must do better. Again, I do not know all of facts about this shooting - and as is usually the case, there are many different issues at work here. I do believe that we are a resourceful people who can solve the underlying issues. The question is, will we?
****************************************************************************

As I always do, I turn to music as a source of healing and a shelter from the storms of the world.

On Monday, we usually feature Nashville connected songs, however, due to the large number of "New Music" songs and the rapid approach of the end of the year, I have decided that for 4 of the 5 days for at least the next month, I am going to shuffle from the new music playlist.  Wednesday will be Wild Wednesday - but every other day will feature "new music" 

Besides, there is a  bunch of Nashville-based music in the "new music" playlist - and some of those came up today.


"How I Wish She Was Mine" by Jake La Botz

We start things off with Nashville-based singer-songwriter Jake La Botz from his Sunnyside album. It is one of my favorites of 2017.

"Chem Trails" by Cellarscape

Next up, we have our first listen to Exo Echo - the sixth album by Cellarscape which is a project of UK artist Paul Terry.  Experimental, orchestral, rock music.  I'm digging this so far. Exo Echo was just released last month (September).

"Chulo" by Alyssia Dominguez

Next up, the first of two tracks from Dance With Me by Wisconsin-based singer-songwriter Alyssia Dominguez.  Upbeat, country music with pop sensibilities and a latin edge. 

"Pearls" by Don Gallardo

Next up, we have a track from the most recent studio album from Nashville songwriter (and E2TG fave) Don Gallardo - Hickory.  He most recently released a live album - recorded from a Nashville Sunday Night show. His next studio album is in the can, and we look forward to its release. 


"Making That Road My Own/Strange, I Reckon" by Tom House

Next up, the final track from Strange, I Reckon - the brand new album from Tom House. The track features the song "Making That Road My Own" and the poem "Strange, I Reckon". I'm just flat out a huge Tom House fan. 

"Vámonos" by Alyssia Dominguez

Next, a very upbeat track from Alyssia Dominguez. I like this track a bunch. 

"Family Drama" by Jefferson Ross

A rather humorous song from Live at Hillbilly Haiku. Ah, those family dramas.... 

"Mane in Vane" by Fangs and Twang

And we close things out with a song about a werewolf who has issues with hair loss. This from Fangs and Twangs - a Michigan band from their latest release High Fives All Around.  Offbeat countryish music about things that go bump in the night...  


No comments:

Post a Comment