Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Updated: Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - Bad Decisions Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Okay, I'm back after an extra long weekend.  I finally got my phone situation somewhat resolved. Today's shuffle came from the phone.  I'm still learning the ins and outs of the new music player - and there are some things I don't like... somehow, in the rush to make everything bigger and better and shinier, I think simple apps sometimes get screwed up. I just want a music player and to be able to create playlists.  But, I'll get used to it and probably won't remember what it was I didn't like or what it was the old player had.

Anyway, I had to recreate the "New Music" playlist. I think I pared it down a little (dropped some much older tracks which had been hanging around).   I may have accidentally added some things that didn't belong.  (it sounded like something I added recently). ...

Enough - let's get to music. It's the only thing that makes sense anymore...


"Knowing She's On Your Mind" by Ladies Gun Club

Ladies Gun Club - are officially one of my top favorite bands on the planet. I loved them the first time I heard them, and every time I hear them I love them even more. This is the first of two songs in the shuffle from Take My Love Away. 

"The Shit You Put Me Through" by Gloom Balloon

This may be my favorite track so far from Drying the Eyes of the Goddess of Gloom, Underneath the Stars and the Moon - the relatively new album from this band from Iowa.  Really awesome song. 


"Whiskey Smells Like Bad Decisions" by Renee Wahl

Next up, an E2TG favorite, Renee Wahl with one of my favorite songs of hers.  

"Give it Away Again" by MJ Bishop

Next up, we have our first listen and the title track to this recent album from Nashville singer-songwriter MJ Bishop.  I met her during Americana Fest at The Family Wash.  I don't have the album in front of me, but I know the awesome Sergio Webb plays on it. Expect to hear more about this album. 

"Weary One" by Ladies Gun Club

Track number two from Take My Love Away.  I have two recommendations:  1. Get this album.  2.  If Ladies Gun Club are playing anywhere within driving distance - do what ever you can to see them.  

"Carol" by Matthew Sweet

I could listen to Matthew Sweet all day long.  I know I've said it before, but I am super happy to have his latest double album Tomorrow Forever. 

"The Call of the Night" by Josh Hyde

Next, we have the title track from the latest album by Louisiana singer-songwriter Josh Hyde. The album was produced by Nashville's Joe V. McMahan and features (among others) the great Sonny Landreth. 

"Broken Button" by Supercrashingstar

Okay, so I got home and checked my files, and I realize that somehow the new phone screwed up the tags.... this final track was actually "Broken Button" by E2TG faves Supercrashingstar from their latest album Digital Lo-Fi.  No wonder I dug the track. Sorry about that.  The track was a "pre master" on my phone and somehow that got listed as the track.  
And we close things out with a mystery track.  I added this to my new music playlist yesterday - but when I went to research today, I cannot figure out when I received it .  I also can't find a band called Broken Button on Facebook or the web (although it''s difficult to google broken button).  I kind of think Pre Master is not the name of the song - but that the file I received (however I received it) was a pre-master version. But it could be the name.  I know - not a lot to go on, but if anyone has more information, please let me know.  I'm gonna check the file on my computer and see when I actually received it. Ah- the mystery.... By the way, I dug the song - which was the only one I have from that band. 



No comments:

Post a Comment