Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Big Backyard Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook


So, one idea I'm trying out, is on days when I don't shuffle from my "New Music" playlist (for example: Music City Monday or Wild Wednesday). I am going to feature some of the new music that has come my way.

Since today is Wednesday - and that is the day, I shuffle from all of the tracks saved to my phone, I thought I would features the brand newest music - in fact in came through my inbox just 36 minutes ago.  How about a preview of "Scatter Me" by the new band TC(and sign)I  (I still can't figure out how to type an "ampersand" without it messing up my HTML code.  This is a new project featuring Terry Chambers and Collin Moulding of XTC! They have released an EP called Great Aspirations. This is the lead track:




Now - on to our shuffle:  It's Wild Wednesday, so let's get Wild!


"Never Punch the Clock Again" by Tim Easton

To start things off, we have a track from Paco and the Melodic Polaroids by East Nashville singer-songwriter Tim Easton. The album is entirely solo acoustic and was recorded directly to vinyl disc in Bristol, Virginia - a place that knows a thing or two about recording. The album is not due out until April 2018.  Check out the video playlist for a demo version of this song. 

"You Stepped Out of a Dream" by Anthony Braxton

Keeping with our "Wild" as in wildcard aesthetic of Wild Wednesday, we next have a seven minute of a 1940 standard - written by Nacio Herb Brown and performed by jazz saxophonist Anthony Braxton from his album Five Pieces 1975. 

"Don't Put No Headstone on My Grave" by Charlie Rich

Next up, we shift gears again with a song written by Charlie Rich - the Silver Fox - in 1962. Rich recorded at that time he was at Sun Records, and it is was soon covered by "Little Ester" Phillips. 

"Dorchester" by Darrin Bradbury

Next, we have a "classic" Darrin Bradbury song. It is one of my favorites of the earlier songs that don't get played anymore.  This is taken from a 2012 collection of songs called The Almost Great Crepes - which was the collection I downloaded and began featuring in 2014 around the time Darrin was first starting to establish himself in Nashville. Like the earlier Tim Easton track is a story of the road.  I could not find a video or streaming audio available for this song, but in my video playlist, I have included another older song - "A Candid (later Casual) Conversation with Superman" recorded live at The BLDG and featuring Cameron Carrus on bass and Taylor Alexander on guitar. 

"Country Cumbia" by Alyssia Dominguez

Next we have a bit of country with a pop and Tejano flavor from Alyssia Dominguez is based out of Wisconsin. 


"Pictures from Vacation in Tuscany" by Burning Bridges


Whenever possible, when I can'r find a video representative of the song, I am going to post streaming links.  Next up, we have a song from a 2010 album called Burning Bridges. The album is credited under the band name Burning Bridges (or at leas ir was), but it is some groovy heavy music from E2TG Favorite The Danbury Lie.  



"Another Whiskey" by Grace Pettis

Next, we have lovely song from Grace Pettis (the sister of E2TG Artist of the Year - Rayvon Pettis).  It is from the album Insureda that Rayvon put out a few years ago. 

"Shady Sam" by Discount Ravioli

Today's final track is another from Discount Ravioli. This was goes all the way back to July 2015 album Robin Schultz and the 21 Prayers.  This track is about  the Discount Ravioli member and visual artist known Shady Sam. 




No comments:

Post a Comment