Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Pigjam Ephemera Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook


Again, I am pressed for time have a long list - so I will be brief in my commentary.  If you're ever interested in one of the band's I feature and cannot find more information based upon what I provide, please feel free to drop me a line, and I will try to steer you in the right direction.





"Love Remains" by Christine Rosander

We begin with another track from Been a Long Time which is due out Friday.  Beautiful song.  I could not find this song on video yet, but I posted another track from the album.

"Beautiful Noise" by Charlie Smyth

Another track from another album that has not been released yet. The Way I Feel will be out later this year, and you can be sure I will tell you all about it. In the meantime, we have a video of Charlie and Kalee Smyth's band The Western Shore - from a live performance just before I met them in 2014.

"The Wagon" by Slaughterhouse Chorus

We met Slaughterhouse Chorus through 2013 E2TG Band of the Year, The End Men.  In fact, I got to see them perform live in Nashville with The End Band at the old Foobar in 2013.  The video is a live performance of this song from Muddy Roots 2012 - near my hometown of Cookeville, TN.  See how things come together?

"Intro/Two Horses" by Jefferson Ross

The opening track from Live at Hillbilly Haiku.  One of my favorites from 2017.

"Wiling" by Freevolt

Next up, we have a first listen of a recent submission.  Freevolt are based out of Massachusetts and recently released Open Up Your Door.  Their sound covers roots, reggae, jam, funk and more. Expect to hear more about this band.

"Ask Me No Questions" by Bob Margolin

Next up, a track from My Road by Steady Rollin' Bob Margolin which came out a couple of years ago.  Cool blues music. 

"Silent Cry" by Quinn Harley

Singer-songwriter Quinn Harley first came to our attention for their work in some of the Dord Music Group related bands/projects. The EP By the Pines, is a lovely and brave statement of recovery and rebirth. 

"Pride" by Living Colour

How about the incredible Living Colour from their album Time's Up - which I picked up at thrift store a while back. 

"Prelude Ephemera" by Drew Worthley

Next, we have Drew Worthley with a track from Crucible. His second album. 

"New York" by Peter Silberman

Next we have a track from Peter Silberman of the band The Antlers and a track from his album Impermanence. This track came to me from an annual Mix CD that a high school friends sends out. 

"Bone Blue Moon" by Jim Dead

Scottish singer-songwriter returns to the shuffle with a track from his 2015 album Ten Fires.  We featured him back around that time, and I think I have been following him on Instagram ever since. 

"Villains" by The Vigilance Committee

Another band we featured in 2015 returns to the shuffle. Exit a Hero was the name of the album.  It looks like this Long Island band has a new album set for release in March - called Join Us. 

"Pleasure Trail" by Insane Jane

1990s Atlanta band, Insane Jane are back with another track from Green Little Pill.  The video is about fifteen minutes of a live show from the Variety Playhouse in Atlanta in 1992.

"Madman/Pigjam" by The Velveteen Jumping Beans

Discount Ravioli recorded one album, We're Here for a Good Reason, as The Velveteen Jumping Beans.  Here is a track from that album. 

"Compound Fracture (Miami Jungle Version)" by My Morning Jacket

Louisville, Kentucky band My Morning Jacket are up next. The original version of this song was included on their 2015 album The Waterfall.  This came to me from a previous year's mix CD from the same friend mentioned above. 

"Where Things Get Lost" by Tim Lee 3

We close things out with old friends of E2TG Tim Lee 3 going back to their 33 1/3 album - which denoted the vinyl anniversary of Tim and Susan Lee. 



1 comment:

  1. Hey Ear to the Ground! Thank you for mentioning my new album, "BEEN A LONG TIME" and song "LOVE REMAINS". Very cool and much appreciated!
    Christine Rosander www.christinerosander.com

    ReplyDelete