Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - Repeat Me Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Alright. Well, I'm back with a regular shuffle... songs listened to and written about on the same day.

By the way, I added a bunch of music to my New Music playlist.  Last week, it was down to just below 400 songs, now it is over 500 again. We have a pretty eclectic shuffle today - including a few "first listens"

Let's go ahead and shuffle!


"Comin' Home" by Dave Hogan

We start things off with another track from Third Life by Connecticut singer songwriter Dave Hogan.  We first met Dave Hogan when he was a part of Grimm Generation with 2016 E2TG Artist of the Year, Jason P. Krug.  Hogan was actually the first Connecticut artist I met in person when he was down in Nashville for a songwriting festival a few years back.  He has a great song, and this was a very cool, long song to begin my commute to work. 
"See Me Repeat Me" by Duran Duran (feat. Andy Wickett)

That's right.  Duran Duran. That Duran Duran. This track is from a recently release EP called Girls on Film 1979 Demos. This EP features Andy Wickett (Fane) on lead vocals before Simon Le Bon joined the band.  Wickett also wrote many of the songs that ended up on the band's first release with La Bon. This song was an early version of the song that became "Rio" - which upon reading about this and relistening - I can hear.  The EP is out on Cleopatra Records. 

"One Way Out of Town" by MJ Bishop

I just got a brand new song from Nashville singer songwriter MJ Bishop, but this is another track from her album Give it Away Again.  I am struck, as I have been, on the strength of these songs and how wonderful this album sounds. 

"Concrete" by We Are Parasols

Next up, we have a first listen to the album Inertia by Portland, Oregon based We Are Parasols. The band lists their genre as Industialgaze. It's electronic and really great. Always happy to have new sounds in my shuffle. It makes my commute all the more interesting. We will be hearing more. 

"The Mistakes Box" by Eraldo Bernocchi and Chihei Hatakeyama

Next, we have another track from Solitary Universe by UK artist Eraldo Bernocchi and Japanese artist Chihei Hatakeyama. Talk about keeping my commute interesting. I love the mood and sound of this music so much. I could not find a video for this track, so I posted one video for each of the two artists. If you want to hear the track, it is embedded below.




"Let Me Take It From Here" by Broads

And we close out the shuffle with another first listen. This is a track from the album Field Theory. Broads are a duo from Norwich, England. They list their genre as Whispery Drone-Folk.   

I do need to give a shout out to Shauna McLarnon of Shameless PR for introducing me to Broads, We Are Parasols, Eraldo Bernocchi and Chihei Hatakeyama, and for turning me on to the Duran Duran EP. 





No comments:

Post a Comment