Thursday, March 8, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Heart Beating Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


I won't take up too much time with this, but I continue to flabbergasted that anyone - regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum can look at the current administration and think, "This is going well".  The sheer number of resignations, firings, indictments, guilty pleas... And it has been just over a year. I really does blow my mind that some 30% of Americans still think this is going well.... *sigh*

Meanwhile, it is Thursday in Nashville, and we had snow flurries this morning after several days of warm weather.

Got back out last night for the first time since Sunday... Timothy George (aka The Singing Butcher) was awesome.  Followed by the always entertaining Nelson, Zimmerman, Quinn trio. The set included a cover of "I'd Rather Go Blind" which coincidentally was in a shuffle earlier this week by Low Society. Plus, Jon Latham joined them for an Al Green song. There were other classic tunes plus a couple of choice Sean Quinn and the Tremblers' songs. Fun time hanging with friends and singing and dancing.

I broke down and bought a ticket to see Kris Kristofferson  in May at the Basement East with Ben Haggard - Merle's son. This is a bucket list kind of thing for me.  Both shows sold out pretty quickly.

Well, a technical note, my New Music Playlist died last night. I was adding some songs to my phone and when I added them to the New Music playlist, I found that the playlist just had the 70+ new songs.  So, I worked late last night adding albums back to the playlist. I don't know if I got them all, but I ended up with over 500 songs in the shuffle.

So, let's hit shuffle on that newly rebuilt playlist and see where it takes us...


"Town of Tascosa" by Tim Henderson

Although this music is not new, and even the collection is a couple of years old, I am so excited to be able to feature this songwriter that, to be honest , I had missed out. Tim Henderson is and was a treasure of American music. The track was included on a 1998 album called, The Wind Knows My Name. This Legacy Collection is worthy of your attention whether you know Henderson's music or not.  

"Lookin' The World Over" by Red's Blues

More great blues from Sacramento's Red's Blues from their album You Knock Me Out. The song was written by Ernest Lawlars (Little Son Joe) and famously recorded by Memphis Minnie and Big Mama Thornton. 

"Will and Faith" by The Nouveaux Honkies

Next up, we have another track from Loud in Here by this awesome group based in Florida.  I love the sound this band has - both in their covers and original songs. Wish I'd known about them sooner, but glad I do now. Thanks as always to Jill Kettles for sending this my way!

"All the World is Right" (poem) by Andrew Reed

Always a pleasure when some spoken word poetry makes its way into my shuffle. This is the final track on the album If All The World Were Right. Andrew Reed is from Asheville, North Carolina - his Facebook page says he is based in Nashville. His background musically includes psychedelic rock, and this album is definitely a departure from that. 

"Heart Beating Without You" by Mark Huff

Jill Kettles strikes again.  Glad to have the chance to preview Star For Eyes which will be available March 23. Mark Huff divides time between Nashville and his native Las Vegas (when not on the road).  I've been a fan since first introduced to his music - I believe by my radio partner Sue Havlish. 

"Plans" by Bashful Hips

More from People. Nature. Death. from E2TG favorite Bashful Hips.  I have been able to dig more into this album and the accompanying info seat. The album is (as the title implies) about people, nature, and death and how those entities interact with themselves and each other. 

"Top of the Stairs" by Trent Agecoutay

This is our first listen to Now... and Then by this singer-songwriter from Red Deer, Alberta Canada.  He plays country, roots, and First Nations music. I look forward to hearing and writing more. I'm digging this so far. 

"Atlantic" by Phantoms vs. Fire

We close things out on this Thursday with a track from Swim by Electronic music artist Thiago C. Desant who records as Phantoms vs. Fire. Based in Italy but from Brazil, this instrumental music features traditional instruments, synthesizers, and orchestral arrangements. Beautiful music to wrap up my shuffle. 





No comments:

Post a Comment