Thursday, July 12, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Hills of Tennessee Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)







Well, here we are. It's Thursday.  Time keeps ticking. The world is a mess, and it's not in my kiss. 

I'm a bit short of time - so let's jump right in to our Trending Thursday Shuffle!

"Lunar Living" by The Search
First up, we have a first listen to the album A Wave From the Sidelines by The Search. The band formed in 2003 and have recorded 9 albums. The band has had a ever shifting line up and it is currently a solo project of founder Razmig Tekeyan. The album is an homage to some of the sounds of the 1980s. This was my first real listen and I enjoyed.  More to come.

"Tornado" by Chris J. Connolly

Next, we have another from Moving Maps.  This song was recently played on my radion show Double Shot with Joe and Sue on WXNA. 

"Comrades in Pop" by TCandI

Please read TC and I (with an ampersand not "and") I still can't figure out how to use the ampersand on here without it screwing up the html code.  Anyway, TC is Terry Chambers and I in this case is Colin Moulding.  Both were founding members of XTC.  Terry Chambers left in 1982 during the sessions for Mummer.  This track from the album Great Aspirations is about the pitfalls of being in a pop band that achieves some measure of success. Wonderful to hear this new music from two who played on some of my favorite albums. 

"Ballad of Whiskey John" by Tim Henderson
A ballad in the true sense of the world. From the Legacy Collection by the late Texas songwriter Tim Henderson. Just a wonderful songs. 

"Have It Your Way" by Jon Worthy (feat. Stelle Amor)

Next - from the album Only a Dream - we have Nashville singer-songwriter Jon Worthy - here joined by the awesome Stelle Amor.  Jon Worthy is someone I saw playing a bill with some friends, and I was taken by his music and have been following him ever since.  I saw Stelle Amor a while back at The 5 Spot and I have been following her journey since then. 

"Gut Splinter" by Nova Flares

Next we have a single from Kentucky artist Nova Flares - Jason Wagers. It is included on his self-titled EP which came out June 1.  This came to me via Shauna at Shameless Promotion (based in London) - a long way to travel for some Kentucky music - but Nova Flares does not sound like one might expect Kentucky music to sound like.   

"Always Feel So Good" by Freevolt

Next we have the return of Freevolt to the shuffle with another from their Open Any Door release. I really love this band - and I THINK this song was featured on a Double Shot show a while back. If not it was another Freevolt song and I'm too lazy to look it. up. 

"South Bound" by Speedbuggy USA

Kick Out the Twang!  Speedbuggy have emerged as one of my favorite bands. I love this album.  Check it out!

"Rely on Me" by Jon Magnusson 

I can rely on Jon Magnusson to consistently deliver great music. He is a hard working and prolific singer-songwriter from Sweden.  He writes often emotional songs that strike the right tone to avoid being overly emotional. It is not an easy accomplishment. 

VIDEO PLAYLIST








No comments:

Post a Comment