Thursday, August 16, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - River Runs Dry Mix




Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)






I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed three - January - May 2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 

E2TG May 2018 NEW



First of all, sending all love and light to the Queen of Soul, Aretha Franklin and all who loved her. Her legacy and her music will live on forever.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's funny, I call Wednesday's "Wild" here at E2TG, but to be honest - many of our shuffles can get pretty wild - with gears shifting so fast as to cause whiplash. It's part of my concerted effort to keep E2TG from being just one thing. I love music, and I have very diverse tastes and ever more diverse curiosity. So, I am constantly seeking out all kinds of music, and I tend to judge how well I am doing by the variety of submissions I receive.

Society tends to like to put people and music and whatever into rigid boxes - I respect people, artists, bands, whatever that constantly defy expectations.

Anyway, judge for yourself, how well I am doing... here's today's Trending Thursday Shuffle!


"Four Sticks" by In the Light of Led Zeppelin

"Four Sticks" was originally included on Led Zeppelin IV.  Although, I don't typically include "tribute" bands in my "new music" playlist - there are exceptions. In the Light of Led Zeppelin are one such exception. This band - based in South Florida - presents the classic songs of Led Zeppelin in the context of the subsequent musical experimentation of Robert Plant and Jimmy Page. The album - called the Pompeii Sessions - sound magnificent.  

"Futurelast" by Flesh Eating Foundation (feat. Adam Probert)

Flesh Eating Foundation return to the shuffle with the first of two tracks from their powerful "We Are Fucked" release. This first track features Adam Probert, who is a political poet/spoken word artist - who is active in the punk/metal/alternative scenes.  Adam Probert's debut album is out now on Bandcamp. Flesh Eating Foundation play heavy industrial/electronic/alternative music that takes no prisoners. 

"Selfish" by Chris J. Connolly

That whiplash things I mentioned above... we go from the heavy industrial music of FEF - to the beautiful sounds of singer-songwriter Chris J. Connolly - as we feature another track from his wonderful album Moving Maps.  This is an incredible album - filled with great music. Due to some technical issues (i.e. user error) it took me a few months to get to this album, but I am glad I did.  

"Please Tell Me" by Jon Worthy

When you can, always come early or stay late to see the bands/artists that you don't know.  I caught Jon Worthy a year or so (maybe more) back as part of a bill with a couple of artists/bands I that knew. I am glad I caught is set - which was a solo set, and I am glad I picked up his album.  As I have discovered, Worthy rocks out more when he plays full-band shows. His latest album is called Only a Dream - it is great,  and it has been wonderful to be able to follow his musical progression. 

"Belgian Bar" by Eric Andersen

I am incredibly fortunate to have the opportunity to feature the recently released compilation - The Essential Eric Andersen. This career-spanning retrospective is a great crash course into the songs of this influential and important figure in music from the '60s, '70s, and beyond.  Listening to this compilation - I have been moved to dig deeper into the albums that featured some of my favorite songs. Ghosts Upon the Road is one such album.  So far, I love every song I've heard from this album. 

"Odin" by Henry Metal

Well, we finally have our last track to feature from Metal O'Clock by heavy metal force of nature Henry Metal. Henry Metal had a very busy 2017 and early 2018.  This track is heavy and dark and menacing with Norse gods, sex, violence, and curse words.  In other words, it is a ton of fun - in a very dark and disturbing way.

"Somethin's Missing" by George Trouble

Next up, another track from PLOW - one of my favorite albums of the first half of  the first half of 2018 = which moves into the second half of the year.                                     
 "Stand Up and Be Discounted" by Flesh Eating Foundation

Next, we have our second track of the day from Flesh Eating Foundation.  A nice kick in the brain for a dreary morning commute. 
"Breathe In" (Rough Version) by Kristin Hersh

I was fortunate enough to get to feature ex-Throwing Muses member - Kristin Hersh and her album Wyatt at the Coyote Palace. Now, she is back with a new album Possible Dust Clouds due out in October. We have a preview of that album via a single called Breathe In. Awesome music.  


VIDEO PLAYLIST





No comments:

Post a Comment