Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Trending Tuesday Morning Shuffle - It's Plain to See Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)






I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed three - January - March 2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 

E2TG May 2018 NEW

Hey! I have added a playlist for May 2018.  Remember - these are not May new releases (necessarily) but a cross-section of music we featured in May 2018 here at E2TG.

Today, we jump back into our "New Music" playlist.... as usual, I am way behind getting new stuff adding, but the list is still pretty long and still has a ton of great music.  So, let's go!


"March" by DateMonthYear

We start off with a first listen - it's a song we've had for awhile but it just popped up in the shuffle.  DateMonthYear are a five-piece outfit from New Zealand.  This was 1/2 of a double A-side single which they released back in January.  I dig this track quite a bit, and I look forward to hearing more from them.

"Slice of Life" by Poptone

Next up, we have the return of Poptone to the shuffle with another from their self-titled debut. As you may recall, Poptone is a band that features Daniel Ash and Kevin Haskins (Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, and Tones on  Tail along with Haskins daughter Diva Dompe.  The Poptone album includes remakes of tracks originally released by the aforementioned bands, a couple of other covers, and a couple of original songs. This is a song originally released on 1983 Bauhaus album Burning on the Inside. 

"Albatross" by Mark Huff

Next we have a track from Stars for Eyes - the latest album by singer-songwriter Mark Huff - who divides his time (when he is not on the road) between Nashville and his native Las Vegas. This album is on my list of favorites of the year so far. 

"I'm Not High" by Clay Harper

Next, we have a track from Bleak Beauty - the recent album by Atlanta's Clay Harper who is best known as a member of the bands The Coolies and The Ottoman Empire.  The album is a very personal and very powerful album that deals with the passing of a long-time partner. It is one of those rare albums that manages to be both experimental and immediate and relate-able. I think this may only be the second track we've featured from this album, but it is near the top of my favorites for this year. 

"Secrets" by Jing Chi

We have another wonderful track from Supremo - the album that features an all-star line-up of Robben Ford, Jimmy Haslip, and Vinnie Colaiuta.  By the way, I have noticed that the October calendar of my favorite club - The 5 Spot - has a Wednesday residency listed for Robben Ford. I will keep you updated as I know more. 

"The Whole Time" by George Trouble

Next, we have another track from PLOW - the new album by our friend George Terry McDonald performing as George Trouble.  This one is about the things one does while away from the person you love. 

"I've Got a Tiger By the Tail" by Buck N Stuff

Next up, we have Buck N Stuff covering one of Buck Owens most famous songs. I know I joke quite a bit about Buck N Stuff  (and they are one of the funnest bands that I have ever seen), but all kidding aside - this is a flat out great band - that takes the music of Buck Owens (and other classic country songs) and plays them in every style but country. They do so brilliantly and entertainingly.  The combo of Adam Kurtz, Cameron Carrus, and Lemuel Hayes are incredible - as evidenced by how busy they each stay playing behind some of the best bands in the business. 

"Naked and Asleep" by Good Field

We close things out with a track from Surface Tension - the latest album by Austin band Good Field.  I'm digging this album quite a bit. We have a lot more to feature from it - so keep following us. 




VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment