Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Like a Vision Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)






I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed seven - January - Junly2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 
E2TG May 2018

E2TG June 2018 NEW!
E2TG July 2018 NEW!

I'm on a roll, I just completed the July 2018 E2TG Playlist.  Now, I am up to August which I can work on and complete when the month is over.   Please check out these playlists if you get the chance. It is a great way to see the wide variety of music we feature on E2TG. I kind of changed my method in the midst of this project, so they latter playlists have more songs. My main goal was to post one song for each artist featured on a Trending Tuesday, Trending Thursday, or Featured Friday shuffle within the given month.  I may have included more than one and I may have missed someone.

Well, it is Wednesday, and that is the day we set aside to dig into all of the songs I currently have saved on my phone's memory card. As always, this can include recent "featured" music, E2TG favorites, classic tracks, and rare/oddities that somehow made their way on my phone.  I think we have examples of each of those, but I won't necessarily tell you which is which....


"Flood" by The Two Man Travelling Medicine Show

We start with our final song to feature from the EP A Snake's A Snake by this UK band that combines roots and punk in a way that is original and awesome. They have a new EP called Float Your Boat set for a August 31 release. 

"Ripped Off" by Bill and Colleen Cade

Next up, we have another track from the album by Bill and Colleen Cade... last week, we played their version of a rare Guy Clark song called "Saturday Morning".  This is another great track from that album which also includes other covers (included one by David Olney) and some original songs. As I mentioned last week, Colleen Cade was tragically killed in an automobile accident shortly after this album was released. 

"Woo Together" by Bernie Worrell

Next up, we have the lead track from the debut solo album by the late, great Bernie Worrell. The album is called All the Woo in the World. Bernie Worrell was the keyboardist for Parliament-Funkadelic and he co-produced the album with George Clinton - who also co-wrote this song.   Worrell is also well-known for his work with Talking Heads. He passed away in 2016 at age 72.

"Freak" by Mouth Reader

Okay - I swear I really do use the shuffle function in creating my daily "shuffles". So, I have no explanation for this...  We have a track from Murfreesboro rock band Mouth Reader from their 6 song release Hands (which was released on Record Store Day in 2015).  We featured this album back around the time of it's release. This track has either been hanging around since then or I added it back last year when I created a playlist of E2TG featured bands.  Regardless, the coincidence is is that today happens to the birthday of Mouth Reader frontman Kyle Frary.  So Happy Birthday, Kyle!

"Cold Sweat" by Pere Ubu

Pere Ubu are a band that formed in Cleveland, Ohio in 1975.  This is a track that I got from an annual mix CD put out by a high school friend of mine.  It is taken from the latest Pere Ubu album 20 years in a Montana Missile Silo which was released in 2017.

"Thunder Road" (LIVE) by Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band

This is another track taken from the 2016 live release from The River anniversary tour. "Thunder Road" was obviously the opening track of Springsteen's Born to Run album.  One of my favorite songs of all time. 

"Ordinary People" by Good Field

Next up, we have another track from Surface Tension by Austin band Good Field.  This is a flat out great song.  I have just been getting into this album, but I like it quite a bit. 

"Scatter Me" by TC and I

And finally, we close things out for this "Wild Wednesday" shuffle with another track from the Great Aspirations EP which reunites former XTC bandmates Colin Moulding and Terry Chambers.  This is a beautiful pop song in the tradition of that classic band. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment