Thursday, October 4, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Feel Good Radio Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)






I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed seven - January - July2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 
E2TG May 2018
E2TG June 2018
E2TG July 2018
E2TG August 2018 
(coming soon!)
E2TG September 2018  (coming soon!)



There have so been so many times... but there was a turning point when it went from being political to being personal and moral. I know what that point was for me.  For me it was when then candidate Trump mocked a reporter with disabilities and lost not one bit of support. More to the point, it was when people who know me and who know my daughter continued to support this candidate. It felt to me like he was mocking my daughter and some of my friends and family were cheering him on. That was the turning point for me, and it has only gotten worse and worse and worse, and it is every single day. And, I am getting tired of it. Tired of seeing people who I know - who I know have different political beliefs - demonstrating their utter lack of humanity. I honestly don't know how we come back from this place, but I want the bleeding to stop. I am going to Vote in November - like my life depends on it.  If you feel the way I do, I hope you will, too.

Time to dive back into the "New Music" playlist.  We have a bunch of new stuff and a fairly wide range of music.  Let's go!



"Radio" by Musta Paraati

We start with a track from Finnish post-punk legends Musta Paraati's forthcoming comeback album Black Parade (which is the English translation of the band's name.  It is the band's first album is 34 years.  The band's original lead  vocalist, Jore Vastelin passed away in 1993, and they tapped Jyrki '69' Linnankivi of The 69 Eyes to provide vocals for this album - which is mostly new material. The first song released (which is the representative video in the video playlist) is called "The Leader" and is an English language version of their song "Johtaja" from 1983.  

"Feeling Good" by Blue Largo

Next we have another first listen, this is a stunning cover of the 1964 Anthony Newley/Leslie Bricusse showtune - famously recorded by Nina Simone in 1965.  Blue Largo is a California band formed by Eric Lievberman and Alicia Aragon in 1999.  The band is mostly known for their interpretations of classic songs, and they took an extended hiatus to deal with some health issues. They returned last year with the album Sing Your Own Song - which featured original music. They are set to release the follow up, Before the Devil Steals Your Soul, in a couple of weeks.  This is my first listen, and I am impressed. 

"Broken Promises" by Danny Sandock

Next up, we have another track from the new Danny Sandock album, Throwin' Me For a Loop.  Sandock is currently  based in California, but he has spent time in Nashville, Georgia, and Indiana and other places. I have been following him and getting some rough sneak peaks of this album since early in the year, and it is good to have the whole album in my hands. A great track. 

"Vitesse" by The Venus Fly Trap

Next up, we have our first listen to Icon - the new album from Northampton that formed in 1986. They play darkwave/goth/post-punk music.  The band emerged from the same scene that produced Bauhaus - and Bauhaus (and Poptone) member Kevin Haskins produced one of the bands early albums. I am digging this album, so far. Expect to hear more. 

"Gelukkig zijn" by rOZZ

Next, we have another track from Crunching for the C - by Belgian singer-songwriter rOZZ.  The title of this track is Dutch for "To be Happy".  rOZZ is an Astronomer by profession. I have enjoyed featuring this album - which came out in May - for several months now. 

"Fit to be Tied" by The Veldt

The Veldt, like The Venus Fly Trap and Musta Paraati began making music many years ago and have recently begun to do it again.  The Veldt are based in North Carolina, and if you think The Veldt do not sound like they come from North Carolina, then I am going to suggest you dig deeper into music from North Carolina. 

"Pick Up the Pieces" by Koala

Things move fast in the world of music.  It looks like I got this single from pop oriented UK band Koala back in May. When I went to look up information about the bamd, it appears that their social media presence is gone and I could find no videos on YouTube. I was able to find a video for a song by a band named Crystal Tides which features the same singer has this band. 

"Rotate" by Umbrella Bed

Next up, we have the title track from the latest release by Minneapolis two-tone ska outfit Umbreall bed. I never mind having some good ska music in my shuffle. 

"Partys Ova" by Rotten Hill Gang

And we close with another track by London based collective Rotten Hill Gang from their album Teach Oeace. The band's sound mixes hip-hop with live instruments to create a highly original bunch of songs. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment