Thursday, October 25, 2018

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Wild Women Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

All of this happened a long time ago when the world was a very different place. Of course, none of us knew that at the time.
(From The Drift - A Novel by Joe Wolfe-Mazeres) Available at Amazon.com (Kindle edition also available)

If you have read The Drift, please consider writing a review on Amazon. If you haven't read it, you can get your own copy through Amazon or if you are in Nashville, you can get them from me.







I am continuing to work on my Spotify playlists for E2TG.  So far, I have completed seven - January - July2018.  These are meant to be a cross-section of music I featured during those months - not necessarily music released in those months.   If you are interested, you can check out the playlists (links below)  and follow my personal profile to find out when new playlists are created.

E2TG January 2018
E2TG February 2018
E2TG March 2018
E2TG April 2018 
E2TG May 2018
E2TG June 2018
E2TG July 2018
E2TG August 2018 
(coming soon!)
E2TG September 2018  (coming soon!)

SAVE THE DATE!!!!!  Thursday, November 15, 2018 - We have a pretty cool event in the works.  More to come! I can tell you this isn't really an E2TG event.  It is connected to my novel, The Drift, and we have some super cool guests lined up.  Announcement soon!



This week, many are learning (hopefully) that rhetoric has consequences and that elections matter.  VOTE if you are tired of so-called leaders who incite violence through their words.

I took an unexpected day off yesterday - so no Wild Wednesday shuffle. I listened to some tunes but didn't get around to posting anything.

So, it's back to the "New Music Playlist" with a couple of first listens and some recent favorites. Let's go!


"Darlin' I'm Coming Home" by Speedbuggy USA

First up, high-energy country band Speedbuggy USA return to the shuffle with another song from their excellent album Kick Out the Twang. I have recently been thinking about the bands (many from the 1980s) that convinced this "punk rocker" kid growing up in the middle of country music territory (which I thought of as "old people" music) that maybe there was something worth hearing in music with a bit of a "twang".  This album connects with me like that music did over 30 years ago. 

"Wild Women" by Barbara Blue

Next up, another track from Fishing in Dirty H20 by the reigning Queen of Beale Street.  This one is an answer song or sorts to "Wild Women Don't Have the Blues".  I couldn't find a video for this song - so I picked a different Barbara Blue song. I dedicate "Wild Women" to all of the fabulous "wild women" I know - they know who they are.
"I Don't Want to Be There" by Jim Wyly

 Next up, we have a first listen to The Artisan - the recently released album by Austin Texas singer-songwriter Jim Wyly.  After a 40 year career most recently with the band The Lunar Rollers, this is Wyly's debut solo album.  This was my first listen, and I am hooked. A rich and resonant voice and a great song.  Much more to come. 

"'77/17" by Rich Krueger

We have two albums in rotation by Rich Krueger. NOWThen is coming soon.  Life Ain't That Long was release late last year/early this year. Both are excellent. This is from the earlier of the two albums. This "coming of age" may be one of the best songs I have heard in a long time. With frank depictions of first sexual encounters and the heartbreak of young love - intertwined with references to the music of the time. It played for me like a movie. Krueger is garnering positive attention from some major figures in music writing, and I am thrilled that he is not only on my radar, but an E2TG favorite.  
"Shapeshifter" by Brandi and the Alexanders

I am equally thrilled to have Brandi and the Alexanders in my shuffle. Their latest release is called How Do You Like It? It is their debut full-length album and it is awesome. It is soulful rock and roll music or rocking soul music. Whatever, it's great!

"I Want You" by Spiritualized

Yes, that Spiritualized!  The UK space rock band are set to reissue their 1993 Live album Fucked Up Inside on black vinyl in November.  This album was originally only available by mail order.  This song was originally released on their debut album Lazer Guided Melodies which was released in 1992. 

"I Know You Don't Want My Love" by Mark Huff

And finally, I can't believe we are already to the penultimate track for us to feature from Stars for Eyes by Mark Huff.  The singer-songwriter is a vital part of the Nashville music community, and he divides his time between music city and his hometown of Las Vegas. This album found Huff at the top of his game and the last couple of times I have scene him live have been phenomenal.  A great way to end the shuffle.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment