Thursday, May 2, 2019

Trending Thursday Morning Shuffle - Pray Like Infidels Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


I didn't note it yesterday, but we are already rolling into May! 

I'm short on time - so let me jump right in!





"We Get Along a Little Too Well" by The Big Dumb


First up, we have the title track from the debut EP by the reigning E2TG Band of the Year. The Big Dumb are already working on the full-length follow-up.  I love this song so much - as I do the whole album.  

"Living in Color" by Dylan Rodrique

I have been digging on Dylan Rodrique's Cat's Game for some time, but I have to say that this song just blew me way, and it really echoes something I have been saying and thinking.  Our society tends to want to simplify things to black and and white/ good and evil/ our side and their side - but life is in color and people are complex creatures  that cannot and should not be limited to whatever box we decide to stick them in for whatever reason. 

"Songs of Love" by Hafdis Huld

Next up, we have another track from the Variations album by Icelandic singer Hafdis Huld.  The album is filled with stunning covers of songs by other artists. This is a cover of a song by the Northern Ireland based band The Divine Comedy.  

"supermarket" by Sonic Reducers

Sonic Reducers is a young punk band featuring Luke Slomba - of E2TG favorites The Foresters (and spin-off groups like Discount Ravioli).  It is a new single for the band that is based in Ithaca, New York where the band members are in school.  

"Window to Forever" by Benny Bassett

Next up, we have another track from his EP Words from Yesterday.  Bassett is a former attorney from Chicago - who left the practice of law to make music.  He has a diverse musical pallet - which you know we at E2TG dig. (and by we, I mean me).

"IV" by Pat Power
Our old friend Pat Power (Valued Customer) is back with a new release.  It is called Classical Vol. 1 and it shows off, Power's skills and talents as a classical guitar player.  I have long said, that Pat and his Valued Customer band mate Ugggy were two of the most talented and creative individuals I have ever encounterd.  This is the last track on the album, and it is a composition by William Walton - an English composer whose career spanned over 60 years. 

"Magic Coins" by Bromide

We close things out with a couple of first listens.  First up, we have the new (as of April 26) single from British band Bromide - whose sound evokes many of my all-time favorite bands.  One description of the band mentions them being like "Elvis Costello fronting Dinosaur Jr."  - which is okay in my book. 

"What If This Is All There Is" by RJ Cowdery

We  close with a first listen. This is the title track to the forthcoming album by Columbus, Ohio folksinger RJ Cowdery.  The album was produced by Nashville's own Amy Speace. I am loving what  I have heard so far, and I look forward to writing much more about this album. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment