Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Ziggy, Elvis, and Rex Mix



January 8th!  E2TG sends out a heartfelt Happy Birthday! to four individuals who helped shaped my musical tastes.  Elvis Presley and David Bowie need to introduction.  Rex Silo and Ron Ruelle were by my side through many of my musical adventures and shows in the late 80s to early 90s. They remain good friends and I hope they will both raise an Old Bru (mentally add umlauts) today.

On to the shuffle which does not include Elvis or Bowie, but in honor of Rex and Ron (and purely by happenstance) does include several artists I know he likes....)


I've been taking advantage of kids being out of school and thus having longer commute time to listen to music to present as much music as I can before I load up our Playlist with lots and lots of new stuff.  The only bad thing is not having as much time to write about all the great music.  My recommendation is to look up bands on Facebook or using this thing called Google....   Anyway, after today, I will have featured over 80 songs this week.  Not a bad way to start 2014.

"Preach" by American Dirt
"Find Her Way" by Swear and Shake
"Song for the Dumped" (Ben Folds Five cover) by Bird by Bird
"Empire State Express" by Son House
"Revolution Number Zero" by The Brian Jonestown Massacre
"The Politics of Time" by The Minutemen
"Piece of Work" by Will Kimbrough
"Can't Slow Down" by Randy Rogers Band
"Talking Microwave Blues (Live 2011)" by Darrin Bradbury
"Giddy Boy Good"  by Babe
"I'll Only Let You Down" by The Dregs
"Ain't No Sunshine" (Bill Withers Cover) by Bird by Bird
"Tennessee Valley Girl" by The Bis-Quits
"Distant Light" by Dr. Dog
"Charon" by Shake Jack
"Jamie" by Darrin Bradbury
"Troublemaker" by Jim Lauderdale
"Middle of the Bed" by Lucy Rose
"The Hearse" by Wampire
"U.R.A. Fever" by The Kills
"Hong Kong" by Adam Hill
"If You Need Me Back in Brooklyn" by River City Extension
"Loretta" by Amos Lee
"A Switch Behind the Poster? (Let's Push It!)" by Black Doctor Jr.
"Balls to the Wall" (Accept Cover) by Eyes of the Dead
"Monster" by Solardrive (featuring Rain Phoenix)
"Play That Cheap Trick, Cheap Trick Play" by Tommy Womack
"Eyes on the Islands" by Humming House
"How I (Learned my Lesson) by X
"Love the Sinner, Hate the Sin" by Elephant Stone
"Fly" by The Jam
"There Ain't Shit on T.V. Tonight" by Minutemen

 
WATCH
 


Still working on updating the Web Store



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment