Thursday, May 30, 2013

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Belly of the Beast Mix




Well May is winding down and I'm frantically trying to clear out my playlist so I can start pretty fresh for June 1. Of course, as always, I'm adding faster than I can clear out... but it keeps me going...


MUSIC!

Pre-Shuffle:  

"Hill County Girl" by Will Kimbrough (achingly and stunningly beautiful song from Kimbrough's 2007 EP)

"Change (JT Daly Remix)" by Churchill (from a Noisetrade Remix Collection)

"Love and War (Tangled)" by New Victorians (Two lovers during WWII London, a string section, and a band)

"Tracks" by Trapper Schoepp and the Shades (Milwaukee Rock!)

"Heart" by Mystery Twins (1/2 of Nashville band, The Clutters, from my Twitter to you in a matter of hours - you're welcome!)

"Change (Acoustic)" by Churchill (a stripped down version of the second song on today's pre-shuffle - digging it - They are from Denver)

"Bo Diddley" by Bo Diddley (Cause nobody does it better)






"Anymore" by Jonathan Warren and the Billy Goats (Progressive PsychoBilly Folk Grass from Boise)
SHUFFLE 




  • "Cruel Movements" by JoDee Purkeypile from Messenger (2013)


Austin, Texas singer/songwriter from his most recent release. "“Cruel Movements” was composed on piano in the aftermath of a “strange” night out with old friends."
  • "The Way We Move - Solo Acoustic" by Langhorne Slim from This is the Way We Move (Noisetrade sampler - original version on The Way We Move (2012)


A glorious stripped down version of one of my favorite songs of the past couple of years.


  • "Pass on My Love" by Magnolia Sons from Free (2011)


Another great Nashville band - doing the retro-soul thing.  This one had me dancing up the hill.


  • "Tangled Up in Blue" by Bob Dylan from Blood on the Tracks (1975)

A great way to end the morning mix... one of my absolute, all-time favorite songs. 


PLAYLIST













-->

No comments:

Post a Comment