Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Per Annum Mix







May 15, 2011

This is my very first post, and I don't know exactly how this is going to work.  A more informative post will follow, but I want to see how this works.
If you are reading this, it worked just fine.  If not, well - it didn't.  Or something....

- Work-in-Progress
________________________________________________________________________________
Thus began Ear to the Ground: A Music Blog - one year ago today.  

By the numbers:

1 Year
12 Months
52 Weeks
366 Days (leap year)
8,784 Hours
527,040 Minutes
31,622,400 Second
Over 400 posts
Over 21,000 Page Views

We started at Posterous, and toward the end of 2011, we moved over here to Blogger. There is so much I want to tell you about the experience I have had writing here. Numbers do not begin to tell the whole story. I didn't know what I wanted the blog to be - I think I somehow thought my cleverness and handful of personal accounts of shows seen and songs heard would sustain this blog. Truth be told, if not for the amazing music I've come to love, the friendships (musicians, fellow bloggers, fellow music fans) I have come to treasure - I would have quit this experiment a long time ago.  

I can honestly say that the best ideas I've had for Ear to the Ground have come about by following my heart. The converse is probably true as well, whenever I get a bright idea, I'm best to set it aside until it seems right.

Enough, at Ear to the Ground, we do like to look back every now and then, but what we like better is moving forward....

_____________________________________________________________________________
Added a bunch of songs to the list last night - here's a shuffle:

The Monks of Mellonwah hail from Sydney, Australia. Today we have the radio edit of the title track to the forthcoming Neurogenesis EP (May 24). (The full track is below). The band recently won The Best Indie Rock Band in the Artists In Music Awards in Los Angeles.  The band worked with some real heavy weights on the Neurogenesis EP and one track in on the May CMJ Mix-tape. So the year ahead should be a big one for the band. And now they are on Ear to the Ground so... ;-)




"Neurogenesis" (2012) by Monks of Mellonwah by independentmusicpromotion



Next,  We have some aching country blues from the delta region of New Jersey... okay I'm not sure if New Jersey has a delta, but regardless - Jo Wymer's music comes from a swampy and soulful place.  Stay Away from Me is from her 2011 album Living with Scars.

   


And finally, we have a track from forthcoming (May 29) Sun Kil Moon album Among the Leaves. The song is called That Bird Has a Broken Wing . Thoughtful, intelligent alternative music. Sun Kil Moon features Mark Kozelek  of Red House Painters. 

Link below to Pre-order Among the Leaves
 


No comments:

Post a Comment