Thursday, December 27, 2012

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - White Tornado Mix





So, here we go... after several months of waiting, I finally have a 32GB card in my phone and to celebrate I added a random 20GB (left room to grow) sampling of my entire digital library and then I randomly shuffled that 20GB and the resulting Morning Music Shuffle is after the jump:




1.  TV in the Bedroom by TV Girl from The Wild, The Innocent, The TV Shuffle (Modern Indie Pop for your listening pleasure)* (A different TV Girl song in on the Amazon Clip Widget)

 

2.  Listen to the Rain by Neopolitan from Nashville Homegrown (a Capella from a mid 80s Nashville-based benefit compilation) *Not on widget, No Video - to my knowledge this song is not available digitally.  I recorded from vinyl.

3. Camera by The Oregon Donor from Burning Building Fall 2010 Sampler from Amazon (Portland Post-Rock, Indie band - based upon their Facebook page it appears the band is on indefinite hiatus - correct me if I'm wrong about that).



4.  I Love My Label by Nick Lowe from Best of Yep Rock Singles (from the 2008 Yep Rock reissue of Lowe's debut album Jesus of Cool).
Wilco + Nick Lowe from the stage of the Ryman in Nashville
  

5.  Wilderland by Anais Mitchell from Young Man in America (One of the best albums of 2012)

 

6.  Love Will Tear Us Apart (Joy Division Cover) by Radiohead (Actually Atoms for Peace) from Covers by Radiohead (One of the best songs ever! Dead on cover) *Amazon Widget has the Joy Division original.




7.  Grown Ocean by Fleet Foxes from Helplessness Blues (a great song for the cold walk up the stairs of the capitol)


8.  Chrono by Kraftwerk from Tour de France Soundtracks (groovy electronic music from the pioneering band of the genre)


9.  The Revolution Will Not Be Televised by Gil Scott-Heron from Ghetto Style (Because it won't!)

10.  Sounds Super Recordings by Cornershop from Handcream for a Generation (I love me some Cornershop)


====================================================================
 





-->

No comments:

Post a Comment