Monday, October 27, 2014

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Working Up a Sweat Mix



I need to give some credit where it is due....  About a year and a half ago, based upon a suggestion from the enigmatic and amazing The Danbury Lie, I began compiling a daily Video playlist based upon my daily shuffle.  Before that I just posted videos with the song, but my hope was to create an easier listening experience. 

Now, due to the newishness and/or obscurity of some of the music I feature - as well as the vagrancies of what is available on You Tube, sometimes I can find the exact song, sometimes I can find a different song from the same artist or a different version of the same song, and sometimes I just have to punt.

Anyway, I mention this today because many of videos in the playlist today are not the exact song I listened to during my morning commute.  It's still a fine video playlist, and I hope you like it. 

I should also say that we don't really do theme shuffles here at #E2TG - we used to, but whatever... still by the laws of randomness and selective playlist creation, we do have some Halloween themed songs...

Shall we...


"Working Up a Sweat" (Alice Cooper cover) by Royal Court of China from Welcome to Our Nightmare: A Tribute to Alice Cooper

Some people like to start their morning by working up a sweat... there are different ways to accomplish that.  We start off with a song that was on the last album that featured the original Alice Cooper line-up as performed by the awesome Nashville band Royal Court of China.  The video is from the original recording since we couldn't find the cover on-line.

"What Do I Know (About Love)" by Lael Summer from Burden to Bear

We move on to True Groove recording artist Lael Summer with another great song from her album Burden to Bear. 

"Lions" by The Features from Old Familiar Melodies - 2008-2013/Some Kind of Salvation

Tennessee band the Features are up next with Lions from their 2009 album Some Kind of Salvation.

"Bringing Mary Home" by Vernon Oxford from Keeper of the Flame (disc 4)

How about a ghost story to get us into the Halloween season... this one is a touching pure country ghost story from Vernon Oxford.

"Iblis" by Brown Bird from Fits of Reason
A great instrumental track from this Brown Bird album we've been featuring for several weeks.

"Call Me D" by David Dondero from The Pity Party

As previously reported, I had the great pleasure of seeing David Dondero sing a few songs during my near-weekly foray to Fran's Eastside Tavern.  It was an incredible treat.  The song we have today goes all the way back to 1999 and what I believe to be his debut solo album.  The video is from a more recent album.

"Memphis Woman" by Lulu Mae from Deer Head Music  Presents: Indie Mixtape Nashville/Mean River

The Deer Head Music Presents - Indie mixtape of Nashville bands which we have been wearing the heck out of was curated by the band members from Daniel Ellsworth and the Great Lakes.  They did a fine job putting the compilation together, and we have another great track from the album today - this time from Lulu Mae who offer up a rocking song from their most recent album.

"Moonlight Man" by Lindsay Ellyn from Shores EP

I could make some lame attempt to pass this off as a Halloween-themed song.  Moonlight Man = Werewolf (get it?), but there isn't any need for that.  Nashville-based Lindsay Ellyn is hard at work on her next release, and I have had the good fortune to hear some of the songs and potential songs from that record.  This song is from her previous EP called Shores.  I love Lindsay's voice, and I think you will, too.


"Dracula Mountain" by Lightning Bolt from Wonderful Rainbow


#E2TG isn't shy about awkward and abrupt transitions, and so we slide gracefully away from the lovely music of Lindsay Ellyn to seasonally appropriate instrumental track from Providence, Rhode Island based Noise Rock purveyors Lightning Bolt.  To paraphrase the band Alabama, "Play me some Dracula Mountain music...."


VIDEOS (SOMEWHAT RELATED TO THE ABOVE PLAYLIST)


No comments:

Post a Comment