Friday, November 18, 2016

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Wild Living Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Greetings from the end of the working week...  Last night, a really great night of music at The Basement East.  Harrison Whitford, who I have been impressed with since the first time I saw him - opened.  His music has really matured (I think that is the word I am looking for) since I first saw him nearly a year and a half ago.  Not that it was immature. Just that he has grown as an artist since then.

Next up, reigning (or about a month more) E2TG Artist of the Year, Jon Latham absolutely destroyed with a full band set that included Andrew Leahey and Sean Quinn on guitar and Raun Schultz on drums. Moving through songs from his debut, Real Bad News and newer songs including songs from his forthcoming album, Lifers.  As he always does, Latham commanded the stage.

And what can I say about Bobby Bare Jr.. Joined by Harrison Whitford on guitar - Bare Jr ripped through an incredible set that included some old favorites plus a new song he wrote for the forthcoming Guided By Voices album, an older GBV song, and he closed with a rip-roaring version of "Cover of the Rolling Stone".

It is Friday and we have a shuffle from our "New Music" playlist.  Let's jump in...


"Wild Living" by Renee Wahl

We begin with Nashville's own Renee Wahl from her latest release, Sworn Secrets.  This is one of my favorite songs from that album.

 "Seven Feet of Blues" by Conrad Y Skordalia

We continue with another great track from A Silo Filled With Birds - the debut album of Conrad Y Skordalia.  Love this album.

"All Along" by Ivas John

Next up, a track from Good Days a Comin'.  Ivas John just came to my attention this year, and I have really been digging this album. 

"Apollo" by And The Echo

Next, we have another track from the self-titled album by Oxford, Mississippi band, And The Echo.  The song Apollo obviously is a reference to the Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Mississippi... oh wait, that is Huntsville, Alabama... nevermind.  Cool song, great band. 

"Workingman 99" by Strange Majik

Next, we go back to one of my favorite albums of the year.  Raised on Rock 'n' Roll by long time E2TG favorite Strange Majik (aka David from The Dead Exs). With a topical song....

"Unrealized" by Jesse and Noah

We continue with Jesse and Noah from their recent album Southern Usonia. I am a big fan of their music, and I am loving the new album. Check it out!

"Splinters" by Danielle French

And we close it out with another excellent song from Dark Love Songs. Another new "discovery" for me this year, and this is one of my favorites from the year. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment