Monday, November 21, 2016

Music City Monday Morning Shuffle - Like Laughing Mix




Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well, it is Thanksgiving week in the US.  And over the weekend, the temperatures finally dropped down to seasonally appropriate levels... aka it was frigid this morning. 

I took my daughter to the Family Wash Saturday to see BARK and Stone Cupid.  She had a blast and loved both bands, as do I.  She got tired half way through Stone Cupid's set but we had a great night.

By the way, I really try not to pay too much attention to Page views and the like, however, I have noticed that October 2016 was our biggest month ever in that regard, and as of November 21, 2016, November has topped October.  I am not completely sure if I believe that that many more people are reading this, but if you are welcome. 

On Monday, we shuffle tunes connected to Nashville (at least by my estimation/or sometime erroneous assumptions - as you will see).  Let's jump to it!







 "This Time" by Don Gallardo

We start things off with another awesome track from Hickory - the latest from Nashville singer-songwriter and E2TG favorite Don Gallardo. 

"Lady Godiva and Me" by Grant Lee Buffalo

I previously explained that although Grant Lee Buffalo were an LA band that Grant Lee Phillips now lives in Nashville - thus their inclusion here. So, I won't explain that again... except, I guess I did. A cool tune from the Mighty Joe Moon album. 

"She's No Angel/Like Laughing" by Will and the Bushmen

It's two, two, two songs in one.  From the album Gawk by Will Kimbrough's old band Will and the Bushmen who began in Mobile, Alabama, but migrated to Nashville before disbanding.  "Like Laughing" is a hidden track on the CD, and I think it among the band's best songs.
"Even When the Road Gets Hard" by Carolina Story

Nashville duo Carolina Story are up next with our last listen to the combined Chapters 1 and 2 which was released some time back on Noisetrade.  I always love hearing music from this band.
"End of the World" by Jesse Terry

Okay... a mea culpa... as I was hastily recreating this playlist on my new phone, I convinced myself that Jesse Terry had once lived in Nashville. He is from Connecticut and has been getting some great press of late. He has been to Nashville (I know I saw a picture of him at Loveless Cafe), and he had some music put out by Noisetrade which is based here.  So, yeah, I am naming him an honorary local for today.  This track is from his album The Calm and The Storm.  

"Games People Play" by Dolly Parton

Dolly Parton - who is from upper East Tennessee, but who has spent a significant amount of time in the Nashville area - checks in with her version of the much covered Joe South classic. 

"Drive All Night" by Tim Carroll

And we close things out with a deep cut from All Kinds of Pain by East Nashville favorite Tim Carroll. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment