Saturday, February 11, 2012

Band of the Week: Year 2: Month 3: Week 2 - Citizen Smith

Having fully ensconced ourselves as the undisputed, preeminent Nashville-based New York/New Jersey music blog - now out to conquer the world.  We move on to Leicester, UK.  Last year, we introduced you, our dear readers, to Themselves and now, we present as out Band of the Week:  Citizen Smith (ReverbNation, Facebook and Twitter).  Citizen Smith take their name from a 1970s British sitcom.  Here's a peek at the Theme from that show for us ignorant Yanks:




 Citizen Smith the band play high energy, rock with a dirty, bluesy sound.  The first track I heard was a nifty rocker called Uncle Jack.  Give it a look and listen here:



According to the band's bio, Citizen Smith formed in 2009, and they list their influences as Radiohead, Placebo, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns ‘N' Roses, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Slayer, and The Hollies to name a few. Quite a list. What I hear when I listen to the band is a cool mix of ripping hard rock with infectious hooks and just plain fun music. They are developing a following in the hometown, and I'm happy to introduce them to my Nashville, New York, New Jersey and apparently Russian audience. I hook you up with some more tuneage here from the band's ReverbNation Page:
 
ComScore And as I like to do - don't just take my word for it - check out what other people are saying about Citizen Smith:
 
ComScore

No comments:

Post a Comment