Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Loudest of All Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

So... we move on into the mid-week...  We have another typically atypical morning shuffle....  hang out for a while, won't you?

"Wicked Waters" by Benjamin Booker

Dig this a bunch.  From his 2014 self-titled debut album... cool stuff...

"Nobody Really Cares If You Don't Go to the Party" by Courtney Barnett

Man! I can related to this song so much!  This one is from the Australian singer-songwriter's full-length debut called Sometimes I Sit and Think, and Sometimes I Just Sit. The album was released back in March. 

"VFW Hall" by Leland Sundries

Another track from the Brooklyn-based indie band.  This song can be found on their EP called The Foundry.  I got hold of it on a 4-song sampler.

"Send Me a Selfie" by Reckless Johnny Wales

The lead track from Reckless Johnny's album American Heart.  The album can be found digitally, but the official CD release is still forthcoming. Hear what happens when the myth-laden troubadour jumps head-long into 21st Century pop culture.

"Little by Little" by Niamh Crowther

A really cool track from the inbox.  Niamh Crowther is an Irish singer-songwriter.  "Little by Little" - her new single, which will be released this coming Friday, was recorded at Windmill Lane Studios and was produced with Tim Martin (whose credits include The Corrs and The Commitments). 


"The Backyard" by Dinosaur Jr.

This song has been in my playlist for some time.  It is from a tribute album to Mark Mulcahy of Miracle Legion and Polaris.  The originally version of this song was the title track on a 1984 EP by Miracle Legion.  The original was a tasty slice of power pop fun.  Dinosaur Jr. grunges things up a bit to fine effect.


"A Street That Rhymes at 6 A.M." by Norma Tanega

Wow... this one came via Aquarium Drunkard.  It is from 1966 - the year I was born.  I dare say this song has held up well better than I have.   It was released a b-side of Tanega's only hit, "Walkin' My Cat Names Dog".  This song hit my shuffle like a breath of fresh air.  I love it. Tanega was linked with Dusty Springfield, and she wrote the lyrics of several of Springfield's songs.



"A  Test of Character" by Spoils

Some instrumental rock - taken from a sampler put out by Continental Magazine. Dig it. I think the band is from Texas, but I was having trouble finding out more.  I will check the magazine later.


"Good Day Bad" by Meshell Ndegeocello

We close things today with another recording from the World Café sessions.  This song was released on the 2014 album. Comet, Come to Me. A lovely way to close the shuffle.



VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment