Saturday, October 17, 2015

Saturday Morningish Music Shuffle - Spring Cleaning Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

A rare Saturday shuffle to make up for not posting yesterday... life happens - you know....

It's been a very interesting week in many ways.  Musically, since we last connected, Thursday night, I went to week 3 of 5 of Campfire Propaganda.  It was a blast with the usual suspects - who are some pretty awesome songwriters: Brian Wright, Tim Easton, Megan Palmer, Darrin Bradbury, and Nellie Clay plus this week joined by Matt Haeck.  Then, I headed to The Family Wash to see Bark (Tim and Susan of Tim Lee 3) play an awesome set and then back up Jim Mize along with Laurie Stirratt.

Last night, it was the Jon Latham CD Release Show at Belcourt Taps.  Darrin Bradbury opened.  A really fun time.  Jon was joined by Haley Dreis, Josh Morris, Shawn Conerton, and Sean Quinn. And he even asked me to emcee the show.  There was tons going on musically around Nashville last night, and I though I don't like that I missed some of the things that I missed, I know I was at the right place.

Speaking of Jon Latham.  In case you missed it, I wrote some words about Real Bad News - his brand new album.  You can check it out HERE.


Just some tunes I listened to while I did some spring cleaning this morning. And, the answer is yes, I do know that it is mid-October.  What can I say, it has been a crazy, busy summer...

I am not going to comment on the songs - many I found the actual song for the Video Playlist.  If something interests you, and you need help finding out more - shoot me a line and I will tell you all I know.  Meanwhile, sit back and enjoy and maybe if you need to do some spring cleaning you can listen while you clean - like I did.




"Sourwood Mountain" by Carolina Chocolate Drops

"No Depression" by Uncle Tupelo

"Cherokee" by John Moreland

"Church on Time" by Kevin Gordon

"Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana

"Pretty People" by The Sunday Reeds

"Great New Year" by Ted Hawkins

"Trash" by Bully

"looks on tempests" by valued customer

"Back Up Mama" by Buddy Guy

"I Gotsa Get Paid" by ZZ Top

"Cool for Cats" by Squeeze

"Dirt" by Tigerman WOAH!

"Wilder (We're Chained" by Brandi Carlile

"Ain't Nobody Leaves This Place" by Tiffany Huggins Grant

"The Ghost in You" by The Psychedelic Furs

"New Spark" by Johnny Powers

"Big Belly Momma" by Albert Smith

"Boss" by The Rumblers

"pasaran" by valued customer

"Fennario"by Gill Landry

"Aberdeen" by Harmonica Lewinskies



VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment