Tuesday, December 10, 2019

E2TG 2019 Recap - Part 6 - Storms Mix (Stars Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


More details later, but I will be playing three hours of my favorites from 2019 (so three hours out of the ten + that I had on this playlist) on Christmas night on WXNA - into the wee small hours of the morning.

107 songs left in the playlist - short list today due to a few very long songs.  It will be very close if we get all of the playlist featured.  We shall see...

Another shuffle that really shows off the diversity of the music we feature here at E2TG.  Grateful for the chance to hear and write about the exciting things that are happening all over the planet with music.  I think of E2TG as a rebuttal to people who say there isn't any good music these days.  I also want it to be a resource for people who get tired of hearing and reading about the same five to ten artists that seem to get 90% of the coverage.  In many cases, those are wonderful artists who are making important music, but I like to remind people that those few are - just the surface of what is out there. In fact, the music I feature is just scratching a surface.  In spite of the financial challenges of making music in the second decade of the 21st Century, the call to create remains strong. 

Off we go!






"Stars" by Katrina Parker (from Stars)

"Storms" by Adam Carroll (from I Walked in Them Shoes)

What about a year that features not one but two new albums from the one and only Adam Carroll.  Good Farmer (which is still to be featured) was Texas songwriter Adam Carroll's collaboration with wife Chris.   I Walked In Them Shoes - Carroll's latest solo album was released a few months earlier.  And, what can I say except is classic Adam Carroll - which, in case you don't know, is a very good thing!  I am aware of Adam Carroll and knew a few of his songs, but thanks to another Adam - Adam Dawson for catching me up on his impressive catalog.  Without trying to be hyperbolic, Carroll is truly one of the best songwriters working today. 

"Thats It Well Done" by SPC ECO (from Fifteen)

"Rude Mission" by Rude Audio (from Streetlight Interference)

"Fall on You" by Def Robot (from Makers of Mountains)

"Self-Love" by Dylan Rodrigue (from Cat's Game)

"River Styx" by Grant Farm (from Broke In Two)

One thing that E2TG goes for me, personally, is invite me to listen to music that I might otherwise not hear, and I am constantly surprised by what I like and what I don't like. Which brings me to Broke in Two from Colorado band Grant Farm. As I dug into this album, I just felt myself drawn to the songs and the sound.  I think this song was just featured a short while ago, it is seven minutes long and it is such a wonderful song. 



VIDEO PLAYLIST

2 comments:

  1. hello ETTG, want to send you some new rude audio stuff, how do i do that? Please dont make me grapple with that 300 characters or less thing you have got going on, its driven me insane - drop me a note at mark@murmurresearch.com if you can, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. in fact here you go, blurb and all -
    You guys have supported historical releases so we thought we could send you a recent remix that we’ve done as Rude Audio that has been really warmly received – for example Justin Robertson has stated “this is excellent, many thanks”. We’re also including the other three tracks on the EP which is by the esteemed Dan Wainwright and includes a storming remix from John Paynter

    Below you have the option of streaming all four tunes and if you like them enough there’s also WAV links there as well

    There’s also a link to a qrates vinyl page where if you’re that way inclined you could pre-order a beautifully packaged 12 inch vinyl of the EP


    Here’s the streaming option:
    https://soundcloud.com/oddballrecords/sets/dan-wainwright-om-nama-shivaya?fbclid=IwAR0n9bUDPKFlhNHUQvYsN1voA1X18pxIS4M_jnTvnf2YceJTtMj9FuKjzmo

    Here are the WAVs:
    https://we.tl/t-WTepJsqJ0i

    Here’s the Qrates link to vinyl heaven
    https://qrates.com/projects/21149


    Happy listening

    Cheers

    Mark Ratcliff

    www.rudeaudio.co

    ReplyDelete