Friday, December 27, 2019

E2TG 2019 Recap - Part 12 - Turned 21 Mix (Bruce Songs Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!


Back from the holiday for another edition of our 2019 Recap.  Hope everyone is well.  Right now, it looks like we will wrap up our 2019 Recap next week (I'm off Tuesday and Wednesday).  Then, the following week, I will be off Monday and Tuesday.  I am thinking I will reveal the 2019 Artist/Band of the Year on those days and maybe some special programming.  Look for the new E2TG v3.0 to slowly be revealed starting the following week.







"Take My Breath Away" by Hafdis Huld (from Variations)

Wonderful album of unique cover versions of songs by this Icelandic artist. This is a cover of a song performed by Berlin from the Top Gun motion picture.  Fun fact: my friend Lemmy (aka Drummer Guy from Buck 'N Stuff) has gotten to sit in on drums with Berlin recently - including within the last week in New Orleans. 

"Mama Tried" by Flying Buffaloes (from Loaded and Rollin')


"I Want You to Know" by Will Payne Harrison (from Living with Ghosts)
"To the Bone" by Renee Wahl (from Cut to the Bone)

A ton of great local music was released in 2019.  I feel fortunate that I got to play over 2 hours of it on the radio on Christmas Day - including these two songs from two of my favorites. 

"Newark" by Darrin Bradbury (from Newark - Single)

A non-album single released ahead of Talking Dogs and Atom Bombs by E2TG Favorite and post tagged artist in E2TG history.  One of my favorites of the newer DB songs. 

"If You Want to Be a Pirate" by Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers (from If You Want to Be a Pirate: Songs for Young Buccaneers)

I have to say, that when I started E2TG eight and a half years ago, I never would have guessed that I would be featuring not only pirate music but pirate music geared toward children... but, Tom Mason is not your typical pirate musician and this is not your typical children's pirate album. 

"All You Need is Soul" by Josh Hyde (from Into the Soul)

"Best I Ever Had" by Anders Dahlberg (from Street Serenade)

"Love Anyway" by Chad Richard (from Worthy Cause)


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment