Monday, December 23, 2019

E2TG 2019 Recap - Part 11 - Insane Mix (Sex Riot Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

2019 was a big year for E2TG.  We kept things pretty simple.  We did a few song and/or video premieres and hosted a five week 8th Anniversary Residency, but mostly, we featured a ton of music via the tried and true E2TG Morning Shuffles.

I have big things in store for 2020.  Things might not kick off right with the changing of the year, but they will come soon.

Joe on the Radio:

Christmas Day, I have volunteered to sub for some of the great shows on WXNA.  Here is when you can catch me:  101.5FM in Nashville or wxnafm.org everywhere

12/25/2019  (All Times Central)

9-10AM - I will be subbing for What Moves Me and playing some of my all-time favorite Christmas songs (old and more recent).

5-7PM - I will subbing for the fabulous Eargasm, and playing a selection of favorites from 2019.  This time span will feature both music featured on E2TG plus some other songs I dug this year.

10-11PM and 11PM-1AM  - I will be subbing for I'll Sleep When I'm Dead and Dustbin Days and playing two hours of local (Nashville) favorites from 2019 and one hour of non-local favorites.  These will mostly be music featured on E2TG.

Double Shot has one more show in 2019 - Saturday 12/28 from 9-11AM - Sue and I will playing songs that reflect things that are "new" to us.

Let's continue on  now with our recap of 2019!



"Insane" by Luis Mojica (from How a Stranger Is Made)

"Tzeva Adom" by Cellista (from Transfigurations)

"A View from the Drowning Pool" by San Pedro (from The Demon Sessions)

"The Green Country" by Medicine (from Scarred for Life)

"Love Walk" by BlackieBlueBird (from Ghost River)

"Sex Riot" by Tate and Silas (from Third: Nothing to Lose)

As I have gotten added to more and more mailing lists, and the submissions have increased, I do not always get to all of the direct artist submissions. But, it is something I always like to try to do. I am glad I checked out Tate and Silas - a rock duo from Connecticut.  I really have been digging this album, and perhaps even more so - the vibe that these guys put out there. The video of their live shows is energetic and chaotic and really fun. My observation is that Tate and Silas are kind of an odd couple. Tate being more free-spirited and wild and Silas holding things down  (that is just an observation and may not be accurate - plus I may have the two confused). ;-)

"The Big Game" by Susan Gibson (from The Hard Stuff)

"Midnight Rendezvous" by Josh Gray (from Songs of the Highway)

We were lucky enough to premiere this song earlier this year. 2019 was the year that Josh Gray went from being this really nice guy I know whose music I dig - who also does a killer acoustic cover of "Punk Rock Girl" to (with the release of Songs of the Highway) being one of my favorite songwriters around. Feel fortunate to have him be a part of the Residency this fall. 

"No Shade in Shadow" by Kristin Hersh (from Possible Dust Clouds)


VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment