Thursday, March 19, 2020

E2TG 3/19/2020 - The Long Haul, Isolation, Music - Texas, Texas Mix (Gold Ghosts Remix)



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!




Obviously, this is a challenging time in many ways for many people.

I think about how I have used the word overwhelmed or overwhelming in the past, I feel like I was so naive and over-dramatic. But, this all is truly overwhelming. There is information overload and many of us have more time on our hands to worry or obsess or binge on social media.

Just some observations that I have (take with a grain of salt - I guess - I don't know that I have any special insight).


  1. Take this seriously without panicking
  2. Use social media to connect with friends and family and for entertainment
  3. Be cautious about any second hand or greater information. Check with verifiable legitimate sources. 
  4. Check on your friends and family- especially those with physical or mental health issue. 
  5. Do things that bring you joy - without guilt. (watch a silly movie - there will be time to "save the world" later).
  6. Support causes and people as you are able. 
  7. Reach out if you need to - if you can. Talk to people about your fears and your worries. Many of us are in the same boat or a similar boat. You are not alone - even if you are in self-isolation.
  8. As much as I would love to say put politics aside during this crisis... well... what I will say, to the extent possible - put politics aside on an individual basis - as you are able. 
As I mentioned yesterday, I am fortunate enough to being working from home. This is new to me, and I have had to learn to stay focused. But, and again I say I am fortunate, this work has kept me in some sort of routine. It has always bothered me a little that I am very much a creature of habit. I mean, I like to think of myself as a free spirit. But, what I have realized, these past couple of weeks, is that I use routines as a tool for dealing with anxiety. I must quickly add that I do not think my anxiety is very bad but it is there nonetheless. Little routines help, I think.  Well, almost every one of my routines have been methodically stripped away. So, I am finding new routines. This may or may not resonate with you, but if you have lost routines and are feeling anxious, maybe try to find new routines. Showering every day, even if you live alone and aren't going out.

I am trying to keep up the routine of writing E2TG every day. Maybe this helps someone, or maybe it is just for me and my routine. Either way is okay with me.

    Featured Friday Playlist
Look for a new Featured Friday Playlist tomorrow!




Thursday Shuffle

I went to the WXNA studio for Greetings from Nashville this morning, and then I cam right back home. Short trip back home so I very brief shuffle...

"Ghosts" by Greg Felden (from Made of Strings)

California singer-songwriter from his 2019 album.

"Texas, Texas" by Eric Taylor (from Best of Kerrville, Vol. 2)

The night of David Olney's celebration of life, I learned about the passing of legendary songwriter Eric Taylor. The week and three days since then have been... well you know, and so I am grateful to the shuffle for bringing this song up today.  Sending this out to all who knew and loved Eric Taylor - especially to his widow - Susan. 
"That.Man.Got.Gold" by Rich Robbins (from All.This.Gold)
I was introduced to the music of Rich Robbins several years ago, when I high school classmate of mine was teaching Robbins at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. Now, Robbins is an educator and is still making music. This track is no longer available on YouTube, but I found a more recent song for the video playlist.

VIDEO PLAYLIST


Recent and Upcoming Releases:

Recent:
2/01 - Glenn Jones - Ready for the Good Times (LP)
2/02 - Karabas Barabas - Degenerate National Anthem (LP)
2/04 - Mayflower Madame - "Vultures" (single)
2/05 - Joseph Mooradian  - "We all Work Too Much"/"Dash My Dreams" (single)
2/07 -  Palm Ghosts -  Wide Awake and Waiting (EP)
2/07 - Emily Zuzik - "Trouble" (single)
2/07 - Chicago Farmer - Flyover Country (LP)
2/07 - Surrija - "Barcelona" (single)
2/07 - The Flyin' A's - No Holds Barred (LP)
2/07 - Christopher Paul Stelling - Best of Luck (LP)
2/07 - HMS Morris - "Babanod" (single)
2/07 - Tiny Fighter- "Strangest Thing" (single)
2/07 - Wynnm - "Fire on the Moon" (single)
2/07 - The Golden Cage Society - Mira (Mini EP)
2/07 - Alienbaby Collective - "Degenerate Moon" (single)
2/07 - Eric and the Anti-Vaxxers - Timeshare Girlfriend (EP)
2/07 - Sammy Brue - "Teenage Mayhem" and "Crash Test Kid" (singles)
2/07 - Lucille - "Kerikeri" (single)
2/07 - Jon Magnusson  - Always a Rebel (Live in Studio Silverräven) (single)
2/07 - Thomas Passon - "Über" (single)
2/07 - BisonBison - "Hover" (single)
2/07 - BisonBison - Hover (LP)
2/13 - Little Triggers - "Bang" (single)
2/14 - Grant Peeples - Bad Wife (LP)
2/14 - The Heliocentrics - Infinity of Now (LP)
2/14 - Johanna Kuvaja - "Back for Good" (single)
2/14 - Sarah Reynolds - "I Need Love" (single)
2/14 - Afterimage - "Six Seconds" (single)
2/14 - Kalee Smyth - "Bring Our Love Down" (single)
2/14 - Harry Stafford - "She Just Blew Me Away" (single)
2/14 - Kid Be Kid - "Blood" (single)
2/14 - Chris Maxwell - New Store No. 2 (LP)
2/18 - David J - "I Only Hear Silence Now" (single)
2/19 - Paisley Fields - "Ride Me Cowboy" (single)
2/19 - Tom Cridland - "The Laws of Success" (single)
2/21 - Sarah Morris - All Mine (LP)
2/21 - Kindergarten - Iphigenia (Reissue) (LP)
2/21 -  Hot Club of L.A.- Cinema Swing (LP)
2/21 - MUUK - Balbuceo (LP)
2/21 - Aaron Beckum - Songs from a Triangle Room (EP)
2/21 - Every 13 Days - Étant Donnés (Reissue) (LP)
2/21 - Seablight - High-Rise Mannequins (EP)
2/21 - Various Artists -Typical Girls Vol. 5 (LP)
2/21 - 12xPretty - 12xPretty (LP)
2/21 - Arkane Skye - "Don't Ask Me Out" (single)
2/21 - Easy - "Crystal Waves" (single)
2/21 - Blue Lucas - "Train Station" (single)
2/21 - Stumbleine - "Supermodels" (single)
2/21 - Jesse Blake Rundle - "The Death of a Soldier" (single)
2/21 - Whitney Shay - Stand Up! (LP)
2/21 - 100 Mile House - "Test the Timber" (single)
2/22 - Charlotte Eagle Sings - Embracing the Old Ways (LP)
2/24 - Jon Magnusson - "Set Me on Fire (Live Silverraven Sessions) (single)
2/28 - Kristen Englenz - Ingenue (LP)
2/28 - Brett Ryan Stewart - "All or None" (single)
2/28 - Close Lobsters - Post Neo Anti... (LP)
2/28 - The Heliocentrics - Infinity of Now (LP)
2/28 - Scenius - "Glass Rain" (single)
2/28 - Jeffrey James - East London (EP)
2/28 - Charmless i - "Long Time Coming" (single)
2/28 - Gallary 47 - "I Wish I Was" (single)
2/28 - Xirita - "Don't Go" (single)
2/28 - Son of David - "Carry On" (single)
2/28 - Harry Stafford - "Painted Ocean" (single)
2/28 - Strange Majik - "World On Fire" (single)
2/28 - MUUK - Balbuceo (LP)
2/29 - Jimmy Who and the Night Creatures - Tinker's Blues (EP)
3/04 - Zoe Schwarz Blue Commotion - Chameleon (LP)
3/04 - Iron Mike Norton - "Help Me Make It Through the Night" (single)
3/06 - Surrija - "Sylvette" (single)
3/06 - Dean Fields - While the Baby Was Sleeping (LP)
3/06 - Broads and Milly Hirst - Ollust (LP)
3/06 - The Mastersons - No Time for Love Songs (LP)
3/06 - Ghostwood Development Project (Feat. Kool Keith) - "Gulley" (single)
3/06 - The Mystery Plan - Ballad of JC Quinn (LP)
3/06 - Brian Wright and the Sneakups - "Patrick's Crossing" (single)
3/06 - Jonny Polonsky - Kingdom of Sleep (LP)
3/06 - Tiny Fighter - "Perfect Game" (single)
3/06 - African Head Charge - Drumming is a Language (LP)
3/06 - African Head Charge - Songs of Praise - reissue (LP)
3/06 - African Head Charge - Churchical Chant Of The Iyabinghi (LP)
3/09 - Marco Bonvicini - "Colors" (single)
3/09 - Terry Presume - I Got Nothing to Lose (EP)
3/13 - The Flatmates - The Flatmates (LP)
3/13 - Kleenex Girl Wonder - Ponyoak (20th Anniversary Edition) + BLP (demos and out-takes) (LP)
3/13 - Sandwick - Reconstruct (LP)
3/13 - Foley and the Fire - "Springsteen on the Radio" (single)
3/13 - Kalee Smyth - The Ceiling (EP)
3/13 - Sha Davis - Songs I Wrote When You Left (EP)
3/13 - The Losing Touch - "Through the Night" (single)
3/13 - Gerry Gareau - Feet Off The Brakes (EP)
3/13 - Ayla Brook and the Sound Men - Desolation Sounds (LP)
3/13 - The Academy of Sun - "The Parts That Need Replacing" (single)
3/13 - Sunday Morning - Consequences of Love (EP)
3/13 - Rosemary Fossee - "Tu me manques" (single)
3/18 - Marco Bonvicini - Colors (EP)

Tomorrow!:
3/20 - Matt Wilson and His Orchestra - When I Was a Writer (LP)
3/20 - Chris Moyse - Bitter Ballads and Cynical Prayers (LP)
3/20 - Samuel Boller - Kingdom of the Sun (LP)
3/20 - The Blam Blams - "Isabella" (single)
3/20 - Jon Hassell - Vernal Equinox (reissue) (LP)
3/20 - Kid Be Kid - Lovely Genders (EP)
3/20 - Toni Sauna - Dead Flour (single)
3/20 - Ender Bender - "Star Killer" (single)
3/20 -  Strange Majik - 20/20 (LP)
3/20 - I YA TOYAH - Code Blue: Reloaded (LP)

Upcoming:
3/27 - Mayflower Madame - Prepared for a Nightmare (LP)
3/27 - The 81s - 2 Things and 118 Others (LP)
3/27 - Mayflower Madame - "Swallow" (single)
3/27 - Alienbaby Collective - F I S H B O W L / T E R R E S T R I A L (Double EP)
3/27 - Mairena - "Weird All the Time" (single)
3/27 - Lucille - Come on,Fly (LP)
3/27 - Nicole Boggs and the Reel - "Money" (single)
3/27 - Ben Reel - The Nashville Calling (LP)
3/27 - 100 Mile House - Love and Leave You (LP)
3/27 - Watermelon Slim - Traveling Man (Double Live LP)
3/27 - Lilly Hiatt - Walking Proof (LP)
3/?? - Harry Stafford - Gothic Urban Blues (LP)
4/01? - Ten Penny Gypsy - Fugitive Heart (LP)
4/02 - I Am A Rocketship - "My Nature" (single)
4/03 - Chip and the Charge Ups - Lightning in Our Veins (LP)
4/03 - Surrija - Surrija (LP)
4/03 - Stumbleine - Sink Into the Ether (LP)
4/03 - Neutrals - Rent Your House (EP)
4/09 - Ellison - "Sing" (single)
4/10 - Eliza Gilkyson - 2020 (LP)
4/10 - Dan Montgomery - Smoke and Mirrors (a phonographic memory) (LP)
4/10 - Pokey LaFarge - Rock Bottom Rhapsody (LP)
4/10 - The Dream Syndicate - The Universal Inside (LP)
4/13 - Pilotcan - No More Shan Goodbye (LP)
4/17 - Paul Burch and WPA Ballclub - Light Sensitive (LP)
4/16 - Destijl - Greatest Hits Vol. 2 (LP)
4/17 - Aimee Stevens - "Hell is a Teenaged Girl" (single)
4/24 - Nicole Boggs and the Reel - "I'm Gonna Break Your Heart" (single)
4/24 - Ben Bostick - Among the Faceless Crowd (LP)
4/24 - Kyle Lalone - Somewhere In Between (EP)
4/?? - I Am A Rocketship - Ghost Stories (LP)
5/01 - BOAT - Tread Lightly (LP)
5/01 - Laura Cortese and the Dance Card - Bitter Better (LP)
5/08 - Brian Wright and the Sneak-Ups - Lapse of Luxury
5/20 - Town Meeting - Make Things Better (LP)
5/31 - Debra Power - That's How I Roll (LP)
6/05 - Nicole Boggs and the Reel - "None of Your Business" (single)
6/12 - Sammy Brue - Crash Test Kid (LP)
7/03 - Nicole Boggs and the Reel - None of Your Business (EP)

No comments:

Post a Comment