Friday, June 5, 2015

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Masks That Pass for Faces Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well... I'm back.  After feeling less than 100% all week, the percentages dropped dramatically Wednesday night into Thursday... but I'm back to feeling less than 100%.  Actually, (knock on wood), I am feeling pretty darn close to 100%. 

So it's time for our weekending shuffle and I think we have a good one...

"I'm Not Afraid (Doesn't Matter To Me)" by Beat Rodeo

We are almost through the Beat Rodeo album, Home in the Heart of the Beat, but we still have a few more.   A tasty bit of mid/late 80s power pop with a bit of twang.

"My Baby Drives" by Justin Townes Earle

From the album Single Mothers.  The version I heard is from the World Café sessions playlist that I posted about earlier this week.

"Western Skies" by Hot Rize

Legendary Bluegrass band, Hot Rize, with a song from When I'm Free which was released last September and which was the band's first new album in over 24 years.  Music to move the band into the 21st Century while staying deeply rooted in the traditions from which they arose.

"Easy Way Out" by Other Lives

A song from the latest album (Rituals was released May 4) by this alternative band from Oklahoma.

"2 Pigs in a Blanket/She's My Little Biscuit Eater" by Southern Culture on the Skids

From Bubbapalooza Vol. 1 - a compilation that was released in 2006.  SCOTS at their rowdy, randy, and rocking best.

"All She Can Say" by American Scarecrows

An absolutely awesome song from the album Yesteryear.  American Scarecrows are opening tonight for Soul Asylum and Meat Puppets at First Avenue in their hometown of Minneapolis!

"Rules of Engagement" by The Poorhouse Says

The Poorhouse Says are a band from St. Louis.  Their latest album, as patterns go, will be released later this month.  The album release show is scheduled for June 27 at Focal Point in Maplewood, MO.   My first listen, and I like what I'm hearing.

"Forbidden Places" by Meat Puppets

Maybe a song that Meat Puppets will perform tonight in Minneapolis? Maybe?  The title track and our final from the band's classic 1992 album.


VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment