Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Strike the Proper Page Mix




Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Hard to believe we've reached the end of another month.  My Facebook memory thing reminded me that it was a year ago today that I came off of my self-imposed hiatus and returned to posting daily morning shuffles.  It's been quite a year, and I have to stop and thank everyone who helped make it so.  All the readers, artists, and all the people who have sent me music.  That last group has increased exponentially  - especially in the last month or so, and I have been struggling to keep up.  I want to give all the music I receive a fair listen, and so I beg patience as I try to listen and respond to as many submissions as I can.  Believe me, it is a great problem to have for someone who loves to hear all kinds of music.



"Free" by Whiskey Shivers

Another song from Whiskey Shivers from the Austin band's self-titled album. Yep!

"Nobody" by Killing Kuddles

Long time #E2TG favorite Killing Kuddles from Atlanta, Georgia are back with a new EP called, Sinking Ship.  This is our first listen to that album.  All I can say is that it's great to have Killing Kuddles back in the shuffle!

"When it Rains" by Tiffany Huggins Grant

Jonquil Child - the debut album from Singer-Songwriter Tiffany Huggins Grant is due out on July 7 (a week from today!).  Boasting Huggins Grant's incredible vocals, some wonderful songs, and top-notch Nashville production from #E2TG favorite Mark Robinson (plus some great Nashville musicians), the album has become a favorite of mine since I got my hands on it.  She is playing a CD Release show in Nashville on July 18 at Douglas Corner.  Should be a good time!

"Sleep All Summer" by Crooked Fingers

Crooked Fingers was formed by Eric Bachmann following the breakup of Archers of Loaf.  They have had rotating cast of musicians backing Bachmann.  This song is from their 2011 album, "Breaks in the Armor".  This was my first real listen to this band, and I like what I've heard.

"Blackspot" by Jonas Howden Sjøvaag's Navyelectre

I always like to receive music that I would be unable and unlikely to hear otherwise - also proof that I do listen to music that comes my way.  Navyelectre is primarily the music of Norwegian artist, Jonas Howden Sjøvaag.  Some improvised music with elements of electronic pop music.  Highly original and a great addition to my shuffle.

"14" by Sam Morrow

Sam Morrow returns to the shuffle with another track from the Seahorse Session.  This one is about starting drinking at age 14.  Morrow recently celebrated 4 years of sobriety (which I post only because it was on his Facebook page), and it is very clear this music comes from a richly authentic place. 

"Some Things Stay" by Brock Zeman

Like Sam Morrow, I wrote about Brock Zeman and connected via social media, and then kind of lost track of him. Recently, I was fortunate to see him play an incredible round at the Bluebird, and I was reminded of what drew me to his music in the first play.  Great songs, a unique voice, and a rich sound.  From Pulling Your Sword Out of the Devil's Back.

"Why Do the Heathen Rage" by Guadalcanal Diary

Our third Georgia related band.  Marietta's Guadalcanal Diary's debut, Walking the Shadow of the Big Man is one of my favorites of all time.  This song is among my favorites from that album.

"I Wanted Hair Like Alice Cooper" by Batkhi Dahn

More music from Connecticut avant garde, experimental, whatever band Batkhi Dahn from Plays 15.


VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment