Friday, September 30, 2016

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Jump Back Down Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well, yesterday I wrote about the finale of Mark Robinson's Showband and Rhythm Revue Residency at The 5 Spot.  Well, the show certainly lived up to my expectations (and then some!).  Master levels musicianship, world-class vocalists, and Mark Robinson - who is a consummate bandleader.  Such a fun night.

Well, this week has kind of flown by in a hurry... it is Friday and time for Featured Friday on E2TG.


"We're Burning This World Right On Down" by Charlie Hager

We start off with a bleak but probably accurate view of the state of the world in 2016 from Charlie Hager's American Saga album. The thing I love about his music is that it makes me feel good even as he is describing some not so good things. 

"Fire and Brimstone" by Elouise

When I started writing E2TG - for the first several months, I had a feature called Band of the Week. At some point, I stopped, but if I still had that feature then my shuffle function would seem to have selected Elouise for that honor - and I can't say that I disagree with that selection.  This the third day an Elouise song has made the shuffle.  Not to spoil anything, but if you look ahead you may see  more from them today... 

"Let Me Down" by Saint Luke's Drifters

We move on to another track from Trials and Tribulations by Watertown Tennessee's own Saint Luke's Drifters.  This album was mixed by Eric Ambel - who I got to see joining the Bottle Rockets at Americana Fest. 

"It Ain't Easy" by Luella

Next up Luella covering a song from David Bowie's Ziggy Stardust album... but did you know that the song was written by Nashville songwriter Ron Davies?  So, Luella brings the song back home to Nashville so to speak. 

"What A Rip Off" by Dingzui

Moving on and keeping things local - we have another track from the excellent Analogue album by Dingzui. I really dig this album. 

"Wayfarer" by J.R. Wyatt

And yet another local guy - here we have J.R. Wyatt from Staying Gold.  J.R. Wyatt writes really wonderful songs, and he has a unique voice. 

"Shadow of the Pines" by Elouise

And a second song today by Elouise from Deep Waters!

"Radiator Sabotage" by Leland Sundries

Leland Sundries have been getting some good positive hype for their latest album Music for Outcasts, and it is well deserved.  I have really been enjoying listening to this album.  

"Evil" by Elouise

What's that? A third song in one shuffle from L.A. blackgrass band Elouise?  Sure thing.. why not?

"I Got A Gun" by Clint Morgan

And we close things out with a song off of the album Scofflaw by Clint Morgan. See you on the other side... 


VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment