Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wild Wednesday Morning Shuffle - Fake French Cafe Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Well, I am back after an extra extended weekend. I was supposed to be back yesterday, but I had to see a man about a tooth. OUCH!

First a quick recap - the incredible run of live music last week continued: Friday: Erin Rae, Tim Easton, and Ariel Bui.  Saturday: Ted Drozdowski, Gina Sicilia, and Jon Langford.

Back at the live music tonight as Amelia White's Residency kicks off with Jesse and Noah opening, and an awesome band backing Amelia White - that is at The 5 Spot.  ICYMI- here is a link to my preview of the September Residencies at The 5 Spot.

Later at The 5 Spot - Broads and Brews Comedy Show benefiting Thistle Farms with tarot card readings, comedy, and music by Joanna Barbera and more.

On to the Wild Wednesday shuffle (shortened by technological glitches)


"Feeling Existential" by Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper

The year was 1986. The album - Frenzy by Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper. The album featured such Mojo classics as "Stuffin' Martha's Muffin", "Where the Hell's My Money" and a cover of "In a Gadda Da Vida".  Plus this song, which perfectly described my life circa 1986... (I am assuming the song is talking about how cool people like I were)... Guest vocals on this track by Steve Wynn!

"Tribute to Watermelon Ice Cream" by 100% Beefcake

Next up - via the Dord Music Group.  From their debut album Watermelon 4 Lyfe.  100% Beefcake is a spin-off Batkhi Dahn which is a spin-off of The Foresters - or something like that. I could not find a video for 100% Beefcake. You are welcome to search on Youtube for 100% Beefcake. I did. 

"All Over You" by Dan Stuart with Twin Tones

Next up, another cool track from Marlowe's Revenge which was released earlier this year. Featuring Dan Stuart and Twin Tones - a Mexican rock band. And, I realized that this shuffle features Danny (Dan Stuart) and Dusty (Steve Wynn) just not in the same song. 

"If Only" by Sergio Webb

Next, we have a  song from the album Domingo by one of Nashville's most valuable players. Sergio Webb has backed just about everyone.  I recently got to see him lead a band, and let me tell you, he is every bit as good of a frontman as he is a sideman, and if you have ever seen Sergio as a sideman, you know that is saying a whole bunch. 

"Out Loud" by Jason P. Krug

Next up, another track from The Zen of Losing by Jason P. Krug.  What can I say that I haven't already said... well, I can't remember what I have already said, and I don't have time to go back and look. I tell you that you must get this album. But, I've probably said that already. But, have you?

"Help Me Let You Go" by The Slytest

The Slytest are a retro rock band from Sweden. This is the first track on their EP Epic Ocean Love, and our first chance to hear this band, and I dig it. 

"Don't Make Promises" by Richard Barone with David Amram

And, we close out today's shuffle with a track from the forthcoming Sorrows and Promises album by Richard Barone. The album is a tribute to the Greenwich Village Folk scene of the 1960s. This is a cover of Tim Hardin song, and it features the legendary composer, conductor, multi-instrumentalist, and author David Amram. Amram has a list of credits and accomplishments that would take too much time to enumerate. He worked with Dizzy Gillespie, Lionel Hampton, Jack Kerouac, and Charles Mingus just to name a very few. This album is looking to be one of the best of 2016 in my book. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment