Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Best I Ever Had Mix

No question, the year is winding down. I've been spending some download bucks I got for Christmas and I received the annual mix CD from one of the music gurus from my youth.

Reflect on what has come before, but more so on what is yet to come (in the New Year). 2011 has been a challenging year in many ways, but it has been good, and even better things are in store for 2012.  Ear to the Ground strives to be forward thinking while keeping a foot well grounded in musical history.   Today's mix offers a bit of both...

Songs 1 and 3 this a.m. come from the Classic album Who's Next - which I recently realized I did not have a digital copy of. I swear I had the CD at some point, but it never made it into my MP3 collection.  I have since rectified that omission. Bargain and Baba O'Riley are two tracks on the album which has been one of my all-time Faves for some time.

(you can click on the album cover to purchase and download from Amazon.com for just $5.00 USD)


Track 2 is a cover song. Youth Lagoon is the stage name of Trevor Powers who debuted in 2011.  Here he offers up a sweet, sweet cover of the John Denver classic Goodbye Again.

 (clicky on the album cover to grab John Denver's Greatest Hits at Amazon (and/or click on this album cover to purchase and download Youth Lagoon's The Year of Hibernation)



========================================================================
Affiliated Links:

Urgh! a Music War Urgh! a Music War
It's live and loud. It's urgent and proud. It's more than two-dozen young, energetic bands caught in the act and making the music and moments matter in hot, crowded, amped venues scattered across L.A., London, New York City and elsewhere. It's big hair, l


Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who [WS] [2 Discs] Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who [WS] [2 Discs]
Oscar-winning filmmaker {$Murray Lerner} and co-director {$Paul Crowder} draw on the essential themes of {#The Who}'s music and lyrics to craft a definitive audio-visual document of the influential band's timeless legacy. From their origins as a 1960s R&B

No comments:

Post a Comment