Sunday, September 16, 2012

Americana Music Festival - Part II - The Dunwells Live on the Green



We've written about Live on the Green the annual six week long free outdoor concert series put on by our favorite local commercial, independent radio station - Lightning 100.  This weeks show was officially listed as part of the AMA Fest, and it started off our weekend on a swell note.  

Live on the Green brings together some of my favorite things about Nashville. Lightning 100, the amazing Public Square Park - a large public green space on the roof of a parking garage where there used to be a big ugly parking lot and great live music.  Oh yeah, and my favorite morning DJ, Mary Brace introduced the first band!

The Dunwells kicked things off.  Shortly after I saw they were playing this event, they made an appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and impressed me.  I'd been looking forward to this show ever since.  The Dunwells are from Leeds, where I hear The Who once played live... The band is made up of two brothers, two cousins and a long-time friend.  The brothers were easy to spot.  Joseph (great name, by the way) and David  front the band.  They play an infectious blend of folksy pop music.  I managed to sneak my way to right in front of the stage and got some decent pictures.  The crowd was enthusiastic and it was a great, fun start to what would turn out to be an epic night of music.








----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment