Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - AAAAAAAAAAA! Mix



 

Isn’t it always the way, that when you have the most to write about, you have the least amount to time to wright.  I got to see Jo Wymer playing an in-the-round show last night, and I got to meet her in person.  She is a great person, an amazing singer and a terrific songwriter!  I enjoyed a lot of the music last night, and I got some great pics, so expect a full report, but probably not until after Americana.
I had the great pleasure to be part of a focus group for a panel of Americana radio stations, and offer feedback to help shape the future of Americana Radio or something.  It was pretty cool to hear the wide variety of stations, ranges of music and approaches from stations from all across the US. 
I also handed out some cards so if any of you radio guys are checking out Ear 2 the Ground for the first time. Hey! 
In the same way you need to support your favorite Indie artists and your favorite Ear to the Ground Music Blog, it is likewise important to support radio that plays the music you love.  Whether it is a college or public station or an independent commercial station send some love and/or money their way. 

I about ran up the hill this morning which in the shape I am in is not such a great idea, but I was accompanied by some cool music – so let’s get to the Shuffle of the Morning:


First we have Tony Castles a due from Brooklyn from their Sharon Stone EP which is due out in October.  The song is called One Tone Man .  You can stream the new album here:





Next we have a song that still sound great 23 years later. It's The The (one of the great band names ever) from Mind Bomb - an album that featured Johnny Marr (Smiths) on guitar.  The song we have is The Beat(en) Generation.

 


Yesterday, I named dropped The Foresters, an awesome power-pop-punk band from one of those New England states I don't know how to spell... you know Connecticut. Some totally awesome dude described the band this way: "The Foresters: Average age 10.6667 but their amps go up to 11."  - Okay that awesome dude was me, but I can't stand it when I "waste" a great line on Facebook.... But more importantly, yes, the Foresters are three brothers named Nork who are 12,11 and 9 years old.  The song we have today is called Better. You can grab it for Name Your Price at Bandcamp:






And finally, Do It For the Bay (Featuring DaVinci) is a brand new track from the Oakland, California "Cloud Rap" duo. It's from their forthcoming album, Bossalinis & Fooliyones and is produced by New York producer Harry Fraud. Dig it:





===============================================================






No comments:

Post a Comment