Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Alternate Reality Mix








Shuffle after the jump:










1.  Song: Gonna Be Alright  Artist: L.A. Symphony  Album: The End is Now (2003) - (Not the Los Angeles Symphonic Orchestra, but a hip-hop band. Nashville hip-hop producers rapper extraordinaire, Hayden Coleman, who is my go to guy for anything hip-hop related was telling me about this group who had recently reunited.  Right after that, I went to Goodwill and was digging through the CD bin and came across this album.  Seemed like fate or at least coincidence.  I dig it)


2. Song: Love Letters Artist: Lincoln Durham Album: The Shovel vs. The Howling Bones (2011) - (Austin-based Roots/Americana/Rock/Folk/Bluesy Stuff - whatever you call it, I'm digging this one)


3.  Song: Trainwreck  Artist: The Bluefields  Album: Pure (2012) - (Even if The Bluefields was not made up of members of legendary bands like Georgia Satellites, Jason and the Scorchers and Royal Court of China, this would still be a hell of a record.  Oh and Joe Blanton has one of the best voices in Rock.)

 Warner looks like he's about kick my ass. Fortunately, I was standing next to his mother at the time.



 4. Song: Sentimental Mood  Artist: Yucca Rose Album: ? ReverbNation Download (2012?) - (Beautiful jazz-based music from the insanely talented Yukke Roswenda Rose aka Yucca Rose from Jakarta, Indonesia).


This is a slide show of some of her art. Did I say she was insanely talented?


5. Song: I Don't Like You  Artist: The Como Brothers Band Album: The Speed of Sound EP (2012) - (Some nifty Blues-based Pop Rock from this Long Island band. We nabbed this from an Aquarium Weekly sampler)


6. Song:Cigarettes and Wine Artist: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit Album: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit (2009) - (I know I keep harping on this, but I freaking love Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit!  This is a great song.  Genres are stupid, but this is a better Country song than 90% of what is played on "Country" radio.  Also, bassist Jimbo Hart almost always retweets when I tweet about the 400 Unit. Also, Jason rocks a Kenny Rogers tour jacket better than anyone I know.)


7.  Song: Disco Ghetto  Artist: Jesse Malin and the St. Marks Social Album: Love it To Life (2010) - (Great Rock artist from New York - former member of D Generation. Disco Ghetto is just a stone cold cool song)



8. Song: After the Storm  Artist: Mumford and Sons Album: Sigh No More (2010) - (I still really like this band. Another awesome song from this smash hit album)

believe it or not I could not find a video for After the Storm - here's Little Lion Man



===================================================================






-->

No comments:

Post a Comment