Friday, November 1, 2013

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - It Ain't Easy Mix



Wow! I can't believe another month has come and gone. It's November! 

I'm going to start something new on Monday - unless I don't.  In the meantime, I have a nifty ten song Shuffle to send you into your weekend.

"Red Lights" by JWM

Today's Mix begins after the jumpy-thingy



"Humdrum Blues" by The Growlers (from Paste Fall Pre(View) 2013.  The Growlers are a California 60s inspired Folk, Surf, whatever band. I can't find that this song is on an album yet. But you can get it and other great music on the latest Paste/Noisetrade Sampler:)






"It Ain't Easy" by David Bowie (from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.  Did you know that this was a cover of a song by American songwriter Ron Davies who was the older brother of singer/songwriter Gail Davies? Me either. Now we both know.)

"Fooled by the Heart" by Nancy Apple (from The Memphis Belles - Past, Present and Future. I had the good fortune to meet Nancy Apple (The Queen of Memphis Country Music) a few weeks back at The Family Wash in Nashville when she played with Tim Lee 3 and other as part of the Troubadour Blues Roadshow. I got to share two of my favorite Memphis stories with her. This song is an awesome introduction to her music - for the uninitiated. The video I added to today's Playlist is of a song she did the night I saw her - (the video is not from that night just to be clear.)"

 
"Tattoos" by Moovalya (from Moovalya.  Cool songs by a nifty hard rock band from Phoenix)
 
"This Old Heart" by Mark Robinson (from Quit Your Job - Play Guitar. Another awesome song from Mark's previous album.  This is the Blues!)
 
"Halo" by Port O'Brien (Beyoncé cover by a now defunct San Francisco Indie band. This was on the October Feel Bad for You Mixtape.)
 
 
"Too Scared to Run Away" by James Crawford (from James Crawford. I still think it's a pretty cool thing to reconnect with a friend from high school, find out they are putting out an album, and then discover that said album is so freaking brilliant. I understand that James is putting together a band for some shows... coming soon to a town near you - assuming you are near a town where he is going to play)
 
"Barbarella" by The Bongos (from Numbers With Wings. The Bongos reunited on stage to help close the doors on the legendary New Jersey club Maxwell's. They announced that night that a new Bongos album was coming soon. Phantom Train is here.  I added that along with the classic Numbers With Wings to the E2TG Weekly Store. Feed or Begin your Bongos obsession now.  And yes, Barbarella is the title of the 1968 cult film starring Jane Fonda - based on a comic book.)
 
"The Fall of Man" by Andrew Ferris (from Yellow Lorry. Andrew Ferris is a British born singer/songwriter currently based in Austria.  He connected to me via Google+.  By the way, I have a nifty new URL for my Google+ account.  Anyway, Yellow Lorry is the debut album by Andrew Ferris which has been out just over a month.  His first EP was called Red Lorry.  I'm really enjoying this album so check him out.)
 
"A Song for Leonard Cohen" by Amanda Shires (from Down Fell the Doves.  Just about as close as it gets to perfection.  The awesome Amanda Shires who Nashville is proud to claim doing a long about the legendary Leonard Cohen. And it is a song that I think he would like.  I couldn't find a video for this song, so instead, I included one of Amanda Shires singing a Leonard Cohen song.)
 
 
WATCH
 

 
 SHOP
 
 



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment