Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Gratitude Redux Mix



It's that time of the year to become reflective and to find things for and about which to be thankful and grateful.  Each year seems filled with so much good and bad things, and yet it all seems to go by so fast. So it is good to pause now and again.

As a blog, we here at E2TG (meaning me) continue to be amazed and grateful for all the great people who have read and been a part of this extended experiment. I'm always grateful for the now accepted ubiquity of the term curate (which it seemed to me used to be reserved for museums and such). Now, whenever I don't have much time to comment on the songs I present, and I begin to wonder exactly what it is useful that I am doing, I can just remind myself that I am curating this amazing collection of music, and that makes me feel very special indeed..... ;-)

Let's jump to our final shuffle of the week and our final shuffle of November 2013



"Believe" by Lys Guillorn (from Winged Victory.  Another track from her new album.  This is a truly beautiful song. By the way, the video we picked to represent Lys Guillorn in our Playlist below is a Gram Parsons cover featuring Lys and Dave Hogan another Grimm member in good standing)


"Lady Stardust (Original Demo)" by David Bowie (from the 1991 Remastered version of The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. Man this song follows so nicely on the heels of the Lys Guillorn track)

"A Song About Making Out in Cars" by Joseph Mooradian (from his Soundcloud account.  As the title suggests... steamy windows and all.)



"Sweet Release" by Stoney (from More Than Animals. Stoney is a British singer-songwriter who recently relocated to Austin, Texas - okay maybe not recently - I'm not sure... whatever. The CD is set for release in January 2014. You can pre-order and grab an immediate download of the album using the widget below.  Or just stream it.)




"Gone Away" by Umbrella Bed (from Refill EP.  Umbrella Bed are a two-toned ska band from Minneapolis which formed back in 1995. The band's latest release Refill was issued on Mad Butcher Records and was released earlier this month.)

"We Belonged" by Stoney (from More Than Animals.  Another track from this album.)

"Train" by Uncle Tupelo (from No Depression. What can I say? I'm a sucker for train songs, and I freaking love everything about Uncle Tupelo.  I couldn't find a video for this song so the video included below is for the band's cover of the Iggy and the Stooges song, "I Wanna Be Your Dog".)

WATCH
 


SHOP
 
 
Our Weekly Web-store for all your Black Friday needs - seriously make your Amazon purchases via this link and help support E2TG)
 
 



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment