Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - A Few of My Favorite Things 2013 Mix - Part Five



Stupid winter bugs.... well, I was out sick Friday - so no shuffle.  But, today's shuffle includes music I would have featured on that day - plus a few more.   I'm actually going to be away for the rest of the week.  Ear to the Ground will return Monday December 30 to present the 3rd Annual Band of the Year award (for the first time not based upon a poll).

Let's get to the music...



"I Guess That's True" by Calicocat
"Lincoln" by EdTang
"Hey Grace, Hey Tony" by Grace and Tony
"May the Road Rise to Meet Your Face" by James Crawford
"Afraid to Die" by Monks of Mellonwah
"Screwdriver" by Prince
"Arrival in a Distant Land" by The Gabriel Construct
"Patience" by Mr. Kind
"Halo Day (4 'Drew)" by Tim Lee 3
"Bill, I Believe This is Killing Me" by EdTang
"Davey Jones" by The Blind Owl Band
"I'd Rather be High" by David Bowie
"Lonesome Street" by The Blind Owl Band
"Knocking on Heavens Door" by You and Me
"Divine Restlessness" by Marla Mase
"On the Watch (Parts V- XII)" by The Gypsy West
"Tennessee" by The Coal Men
"New Jerusalem" by Valued Customer
"Saint" by Mission South

NOTES:

Sadly, Nashville's Calicocat called it quits this year, but first, they dropped their brilliant Mighty Superfluous.

Look for Grace and Tony to continue to light things up in 2014. Their debut album November dropped in... well November. 

Reuniting with old classmates on social media can be a hit or miss endeavor. From acrimonious political rankling to endless game requests, there can definitely be a downside.  On the other hand, there are people I didn't know too well in school who I've gotten to know and like through the web.  And then there is James Crawford who just happened to make one of my favorite albums of the year.

Prince and David Bowie released excellent new music in 2013. Go figure.

The Gypsy West kicked off 2013 with the release of the final part of their Accomplices trilogy. We loved it.

Valued Customer.

I saw Mission South at the Basement when I went out to see my friends Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray. They are from D.C. and pretty freakin' awesome.


SHOP
 



WATCH
(all of our 2013 favorites)
 
 



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment