Friday, August 22, 2014

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - If I Could Mix





Francie Moon and The Great Outdoors at Fond Object 8/16/2014


Plodded my way through another week... Today's shuffle is a strange trip... or something...




"Charm" by Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors from Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors

New Jersey's Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors stopped in Nashville last Saturday. (Photographic evidence above)  Popa Tunes shot me a heads up, or I might have missed it.  It was a pretty nice evening.  East Nashville summer, people strolling in off the streets, great music, women dancing, a nifty shop, and I even ran into an old friend (a nice surprise).  They performed this song.


"Until They Find Us" by The Grey A from My Country

Three weeks from tonight, The Grey A will be at the Stone Fox in Nashville for release show for this album.  I will finally get to meet Howard Rabach in person. He has been a friend of the blog since almost the very beginning, and he is slinging the bass for The Grey A these days.  Nashville folks it should be an amazing night with lots of local guests who helped with the record expected to appear.


"Waiting for the Man" by The Velvet Underground from Boston Tea Party, Jan. 10, 1969

This may be the only kind of Tea Party you will find on Ear to the Ground.  I don't drink tea. I don't support the political kind of tea party, and I really don't post that much about US history.  But, when it comes to a live recording of The Velvet Underground from 1969 - well, that is my kind of tea party. "Oh pardon me sir, it's the furthest from my mind"


"Smokestack Lightning" by Tomas Doncker Band from Moanin' at Midnight: The Howlin' Wolf Project

Explosive Blues guitar with a  Global Soul flair - Smokestack Lightning ya'll... Howlin' Wolf ya'll...  Tomas Doncker ya'll!


"If I Could Then I Would" by Tim Carroll from Opening Up/If I Could

Isn't this cool, Tim Carroll covering my favorite John Prine song  playing a song he wrote that has been covered by John Prine and several other folks.  Tim played this when I saw him at Fran's a couple of weeks ago.  Great song!


"Billie Jean 2008 Kanye West Mix" by Michael Jackson from Thriller 25 Super Deluxe Edition

Nothing to see here... just Ear to the Ground posting a Kanye West mix of an iconic Michael Jackson song.   This is what happens when I get bored and started surfing around the Freegal music site. It won't be the last time. Deal...


"Everything Right is Wrong Again" by They Might Be Giants from First Album Live

Story of my life....  It's been fun rediscovering how great They Might Be Giants' first album really is and was.


"The Quiet Side of Hell" by Darrin Bradbury from Death in My Left Ear

Confession:  Today's shuffle could have ended after They Might Be Giants.  I had made into the office, but then I started fixing my morning coffee, and I got distracted and I didn't stop the shuffle when that last song ended.  And then, this song started playing, and it's a really good song, and god knows I don't post enough Darrin Bradbury on here - do I?


I hope you've enjoyed this week of music.  If you hear music you like then you need to Like/Follow/Stalk them on social media, buy their music, see them live, and/or buy their merchandise. (Except Kanye and Michael Jackson.  Kanye is rich enough and Michael is dead.)



VIDEO PLAYLIST O' THE DAY
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment