Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Ow Mix



Well, we muddled through another week....  It's time for me to dive head long into creating E2TG version 3.0 (we are currently on 2.1) - I'm not sure exactly what that will entail, but it will be awesome - I bet.  There may be a release 2.2 in the meantime, but maybe not... whatever, if you have ideas of what I can do to make E2TG better, now would be a good time to send them my way.  I'll either use the ideas or I won't - it's the cool thing of writing your own blog... :-)  But, my philosophy since day one has been to be open to whatever comes along.  So wherever we go, I see my job is just to keep this thing between the lines... (only occasionally crossing)...

Whatever, the shuffle speaks... and we must listen... Jump to it if you dare...



"Where Are We Now?" by David Bowie from The Next Day

Many saw 2013's The Next Day as a return to form (and a pleasantly unexpected one at that) for Mr. Bowie. 

"Anywhere" by Humming House from Humming House

A beautiful song from one of Nashville's coolest and best bands.  The video we selected is a newer song and features two of my favorite people.

"Wasted Days" by Joseph Arthur from Redemption City

I love the sound of this track from Joseph Arthur.  A great companion to my trek through the downtown streets of Nashville.

"Ow" by Dizzy Gillespie from The Double Six of Paris

Groovy coolness in every note....

"The Neighbor's Dog" by Darrin Bradbury from The Almost Great Crepe's

Darrin Bradbury is back in the shuffle with a song about life and death and I guess about the neighbor's dog.  Since this album isn't available on bandcamp anymore, I won't say anything about "neighbor" being misspelled. "I before E" my ass!

"Rabid Child" by They Might Be Giants from First Album Live

What is this song about?  Don't ask John and John.  They don't know....

"Can't Say Why" by Taco Land from Home Sweet Home

Taco Land has a groove that just hits me in all the right ways... for kicks, I included a video of a song by The Dead Milkmen about the San Antonio landmark that gave this band its name. 

"Stipulation" by Gumshen from Progtronica

We added this album to our lineup back in January, and now, we have just one or two songs left.  I really like this interesting mix of sounds, and I look forward to hearing more from this band.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



             

I've been short on time so I haven't been posting the Webstore information, but as always, if you hear something you like - so out and support the artists making the music.  If you can't find where to get the music or just want more information on any of the bands we feature.  Let me know!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment