Friday, January 26, 2018

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Diamond Feast Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook


Another week bites the dust... it's been a challenging one, to be sure.

I'm very excited about all of the awesome new music that has come my way, and I am cooking up some exciting things. Keep coming back!

I do need to let you know that posting will be sporadic at best over the next two weeks.  I will try to dart on with some updates just to keep things interesting. In the meantime, I hope you will check out my past posts for any you may have missed.  Thanks in advance for your patience.

Now, let's get to today's "Featured Friday" shuffle of songs from the "New Music" playlist. 


"Thank God for the Government" by Henry Metal

Nothing like some politically charged metal to start the day.  I am fascinated by Henry Metal - a new heavy metal artist that began in 2017 by releasing five albums and a compilation in that first year. A sixth album, War in Heaven, was released in January 1, 2018.  This track is from their 4th album, Metal O'Clock.  I could not find a video for this track, but if you are curious - you can check it out  HERE

"Truck Drivers of America" by Danny Sandock

Next up, we have another track from Danny Sandock's Breakin' New Ground album.  This one is for the truckers. 

"Diamonds and Gold" by Don Gallardo and How Far West

One of my all-time favorite Don Gallardo songs (I have a bunch of favorites).  As we await the release of his next studio album, this is a live recording from Live at 3rd and Lindsley.  

"Sidewinder" by Broken Guru

Next, we have another track from Violets Exposed to Radiation.  Broken Guru are a hard rocking band from NYC. 

"Cure My Mind" by Andrew Reed

We have yet another track from Andrew Reed's If All the World Were Right. I am really digging this album.  

"Feast on My Heart" by Pylon Reenactment Society

Next, we have a track from Part Time Punks - the new EP by Pylon Reenactment Society.  They will coming to Nashville in March. Pylon was one of the best and most influential bands from the early 80s Athens, GA music scene. Pylon Reenactment Society is dedicated to playing music in the spirit of the original band.  Pylon Reenactment Society was formed by Pylon's lead singer Vanessa Briscoe Hay. This song was originally released by Pylon on their debut album Gyrate - which was released in 1980 on DB Records.
"Sooner or Later" by John Dennis

Next we have another track from John Dennis' Second Wind album.  Dennis is one of my favorite Nashville songwriter discoveries of 2017.  Nothing fancy, just fantastic and original songs. 

"How Did They Get Away" by Tom House

I have written about Tom House quite a bit. If you have missed it or need reminding, he is one of most unique songwriters in Nashville, and he is one of the best. He takes on tough subject matter.  He has a history in Music City that goes back several years, and he is well known among many Nashville music figures, and I am dedicated to spread the word about  him to the as much of the rest of the world as I can.  I could not find a video of this song on You Tube. But check out a vintage song with a similar theme. 

"Hey Mama" by Caroline Cotter

And we close out the week with another track from Home on the River by Massachusetts songwriter Caroline Cotter.  The album will be out February 9.  Expect to hear more about this one in the weeks to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment