Thursday, October 17, 2013

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Elephants, Teddy Bears, Monkeys and Coyotes - Oh My! Mix



We have a damn fine shuffle to close out the week.... the first five songs even start a bit of theme (purely thanks to the shuffle function).  Due to circumstances (yada yada), this will be the final shuffle of the week.  So it's a nice way to go out.

Jump past the break to see today's shuffle...


"Spiderhead" by Cage the Elephant (from the new album, Melophobia. The video included in the playlist below, is a performance of the album's first single on Letterman - last week. Mr. Letterman's reaction after the song, is everything you need to know about why Cage the Elephant are a great Rock and Roll band.  They are from just up the road a bit - Bowling Green, Kentucky)

"How Long" by Elephant Stone (from their 2009 album The Seven Seas and included a recent Noisetrade sampler.  This band is new to me, and I am digging it so far...)

"Every Time the Son Leaves" by Telepathic Teddy Bear (from Reactions. I've been listening to this album for a couple of months now. I'm digging the groovy vibe and subtle humor in some of the songs.  This one has a trippy, mellow vibe that I kind of dig)

"Brass Monkey" by Beastie Boys (from Licensed to Ill. What can I say? Booooy!"


"Coyote" by Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray (a non-album live cut from the band's Live at DC9 release.  Man oh man, I love this song.  Maybe if I beg nicely, they will do this one on Tuesday... Maybe?)

"Pictures" by Logan X (from the Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen compilation. This is a remarkable song.  I wish I could have found a video for it, but go look at the Mama Coco's bandcamp page and give it a listen - hell download the whole compilation.  Logan X is an instrumentalist. The vocals on this song are by Molly Connelly.  The ubiquitous Oliver Ignatius contributes as he does on almost if not all of the Mama Coco's compilation songs. By the way, Mama Coco is apparently a cockatoo, so technically this song continues the theme of the first five songs... )

"Comfort Consumption" by False-Heads (from Tunnel Vision.  Another cool song by these kids from England who looked us up and gave us the chance to hear their very awesome album)

"Storm in my House" by Minutemen (from Double Nickels on the Dime. Double Nickels is one of my all-time favorite albums and in my opinion one of the best albums ever.)

"Save Charlie" by Rubblebucket (from the EP Save Charlie. This came from a Paste/Noisetrade compilation. My first exposure to this Brooklyn band, and I am kind of digging it.)

Here's the Video Playlist of the Day
 
 
And since there will not be a shuffle tomorrow, here is the E2TG Store for the Week




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment