Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Strings Mix



Time marches on.... we have a ton of cool tunes and not as much time as I would like...

First off - here is an updated version of yesterday's "Retreat" Mix video playlist - we received a link for the New Victorians to the video for "Letting Go" so we substituted that for the song we originally included:





Jump to the Shuffle!



Today's Shuffle:

"Whipping Post" by Blind Owl Band (their cover of the Allman Brothers song)

"The Rolling Baby Blanket of the Blues" by The Moon and You (a duo from Asheville, North Carolina. Nifty sound.)

"Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" by Stevie Nicks with Tom Petty (Yeah that song)

"Freedom's a Stranger" by Scott Miller and Commonwealth (from the 2005 album Citation. Some fine, fine music is this...)

"Wasteland" by Moovalya (in some ways, Moovalya are the odd man out in today's shuffle - which has a definite rootsy feel to it - but here at E2TG the odd man is in!)

"My Favorite Picture of You" by Guy Clark (what can I say? Guy Clark y'all.)

"Closed Hand, Full of Friends" by Foy Vance (from his newish album Joy of Nothing. Foy Vance is Irish and I feel like I'm late to the party on this guy, but I'm glad to be here)

"What's the Matter Baby" by Mark Robinson (from Have Axe - Will Groove - when I listen to Mark Robinson's take on the Blues - the answer to the song's title is "Not much..just keep playing")

"You're Not There" by Tim Lee 3 (from Devil's Rope. Always a treat when Tim Lee 3 end up on my shuffle)

"From this Valley" by The Civil Wars (from this year's The Civil Wars. One can only hope the band will resolve their own civil wars and get back to making more music like this)

"Mi Burro Esta En Fuego" by Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray ("My Donkey is On Fire" two of my favorite trios are in the Shuffle today - Tim Lee 3 and Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray - yes they are a trio. They will be back in Nashville as part of the "New Faces" night at The Basement)

 
Here is the Video Playlist for Today
 
 
 



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment